So because I am a liberal Christian I am going to hell?

because I don't believe the bible word-for-word and question its validity, that means I'm going to hell? I still believe in God and that through Jesus, we were taught to love each other. I pray to God and believe in Jesus' divinity, but I'm still going to hell? I don't think working with the earth's natural energies is "of the devil" and I also meditate and light candles for specific purposes. I'm still going to hell right? Enlighten me. Please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Christian religion teaches that salvation is based on faith in one thing, not in all aspects of doctrine. It usually teaches that one must accept Christ as your Savior, not that you must believe in the devil or in hell or anything like that. There are no extra conditions or stipulations on faith, even in the conservative sense of the Christian religion. Honestly, the Bible wasn't meant to be read literally. But one's salvation is not nullified just because of that. Even speaking "orthodoxally", only faith in JESUS is required. It doesn't say "whosoever believeth in him AND everything else the Christian religion pushes or develops". It just says "whosoever believeth in him". (and even then, there are disputes on what one needs to believe about him....)

So don't let anyone get to you.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 15, 2010

• uhm I am not sure God responds to these boards. That is a question only God can answer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I'm with you OP. I believe in God and Jesus but I don't believe what a pastor who gets paid thousands of dollars to promote starbucks and krispy kremes tells me. Nor do I trust what the Bible says because it's been rewritten so many times and it seems like it was only written to fit Christianity's agenda and no one elses. It's like they use it as an excuse to belittle everyone who doesn't believe in the same faith or goes by their rules. Bullsh*t!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• OP, keep living your life as you see fit and do not worry what happens after we die, live in the here and now and be a good representative to what Jesus stands for.

Answer by older at 11:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• you want everything God has to offer but on your own terms. it doesn't work like that and you know it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• "I'm still going to hell right?"

Is there something in the cafe air? This question cannot be answered. It is leading and anyone is says "right" will immediately be torn to pieces about judging.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• To answer your question, is no you are not going to hell.

Answer by older at 12:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Well, if you are, at least you will be in good company!
    Anonymous

• A true Christian believes ALL the Bible is the word of God..you cant pick and choose what part you believe. You either believe it all, or none of it. As far as you going to Hell, only God can answer that.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous