advice from someone who...

what would you do if a mother kept giving you advice ( ex. a mother who didnt raise her kids, a mother who is a druggie, a mother who has kids in rehab/jail ) ....would you tell them you dont want their advice...or just like nod your head and ignore it ( or do the opposite of what they say lol) .... what if they CONSTANTLY tried to give you advice ON PARENTING !

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 11:34 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Maybe she doesn't want you to make the same mistakes that she made. What kind of advice is she giving you? Take what you like and what you don't, throw it out. If you disagree, then politely say "I disagree"
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:35 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I don't hang out with women that don't raise their own children, or are druggies, or whose kids are in rehab.. Sorry but I'm kinda picky about who my family and I hang out with...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:39 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I probally wouldn't talk to her.'She sounds kinda like she's got a negative vibe about her.I wouldn't want it to rub off on me.*Or if your a VERY strong force try to lead her into a more positive way to live without all the dramatic negative behaviors that lead only to more pain.If she's willing to care & be happy.'*~*& want a nice life~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• If it was someone I had to be around every day I might tell them I disagree but if it were someone who I seldom saw I would probably just be like ok ok to be polite but not really care.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• well this is sort of a "what if question" I do know someone who is a druggie and doesnt take care of her kids who always tries to tell me how to take care of my kids ! ( BILs ex) .... I was just wondering if anyone would actually do it....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Tell them you don't need their advice since they didn't make the right decisions either! They are trying to make up for mistakes they have made and they still don't have all the answers you need. Why go on lying to them?
    Joyce876

Answer by Joyce876 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I would prob say something like "oh yeah is that what you did? Oh wiat - YOu didn't raise your kids..."
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• she is completely out of the picture ( of course, she abonded her kids and hasnt even checked in on them in over a year) ....but i seen something on tv that just made me wonder about other people and what they would do (( I never listened to her and I never would have...)
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 5:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2010