Is this a new trend, girls acting like they are lesbiens to attract boys or are more and more girls becoming bisexual?

I've been noticing pictures girls put up on their facebook of them kissing girls and some of the comments they constantly make about them being in a relationship with a certain girl.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 11:40 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Kids that age are rebellious and want attention. I'm sure that's what the behavior is all about. They love shocking the adults. I do not think more are becoming bisexual.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:42 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Its to seem more hot to guys because they know guys like lesbian type porn.This is part of the reason I have big issues with porn being so mainstream. Young people think nothing of having random sex and acting/dressing like total sluts!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• The trend is to be out an open about sexual orientation, not hide and be afraid to voice it.

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I don't think its really all that new. People were doing this when I was in high school 10 years ago...some do it for attention, some do it to attract guys, and some are truly bisexual or lesbians. For the most part though, I think at that age, they are trying to find out who they are, and experimenting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I hadn't heard of this, but it's likely true. I see so many young girls putting sexy pics on their fb, not really thinking about sexual predators, stalkers, or the fact that someone might actually become obessed with them. It's a scary thing and I'm wondering where some of these parents are. These girls are really defenseless to protect themselves. It's crazy.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• It's a trend thanks to Katy Perry. Real lesbians wouldn't post it on their FB. They'd post a normal picture of themselves with their partner. Like a couple photo. And yes there are young girls who know that they are lesbian but would probably be hesitant about makign such a drastic move because they're no ready to come out to their parents yet. Those kids who pose as "lesbians' are just doing it for the trend and attention. Point blank.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 11:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Its not a trend thanks to Katy Perry, its been a trend for a while now, and its for 2 reasons 1 reason is good the other is bad. The reason older said is good. But the bad side is that a lot of girls are doing it to get guys. Imogine couldnt be more off on this one if she tried. (take it from one that came out in h.s.) A real lesbian would be in a lesbian relationship instead of just kissing random girls. She would know that she had to prove that it isnt just a phase and would get into a relationship to make it seem more thought out (which it is). A real lesbian would say to her parents "we need to talk, there is something I think you should know, Im gay" a posing lesbo would say "oh yeah, Im totally gay now guys" Even if the real lesbian didnt have a girlfriend, she would still act more serious about it.

chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Umm...chipper...that is exactly what I was saying. And I knew a couple of lesbians in h.s. who didn't come out to their parents and kept it a secret from everyone at school, except me, and no they did not go around kissing random girls. The hootchies that do are just trying to get attention.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• It's not new lol. Girls are stupid.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• As a lesbian myself ..I don't think there is anything "cool" about those types of photos. Most of those girls are young and stupid. The pictures I have of my partner and I are normal pictures ..no kissing. Actually, if you saw them you'd probably just think we were 2 friends in a picture together. Out of my circle of friends, who I've known for years, I'm the only who has settled down and has a kid. They still want to party every weekend, get trashed, make out with each other so some random guy will notice ...and do it all over again the next day. Now the circle of lesbians I know who are friends don't go around kissing each other. Whatever your theory is on how lesbians should act ...most of it's wrong! I totally think these girls who are like "look at me ..Im kissing a gilr" totally want the attention. THOSE girls give us who have class a bad name! THOSE girls are why men only look at REAL lesbians as some sexual fetish.
    Anonymous