how often should i bathe my newborn?

des11987

Asked by des11987 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always did at least once a day. Once she started spitting up it was once in the morning and once in the evening. Then once the spitting up stopped it's not back to once a day. I hate the smell of sour milk on a baby! Make sure if you do give lots of baths, you rub baby lotion on them or their skin will dry out.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 11:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I did every other evening in the winter, I breastfed so they never smelled of sour milk... I also put a bib on them when they were eating. In the spring/summer they had a bath every evening before bed.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:53 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I did everyday,but he was born in spring.I'd probably do the face,neck and groin areas on them in winter so they don't dry out,and bathe every 2 days or so.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• We bathed her every single night, every night since she came home.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 12:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I did it every other day, although I would wash their faces every day.

Answer by missanc at 12:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Every few days. You can give them a sponge bath if they spit up a lot. You can really dry their delicate skin out bathing every single day.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• id say about every other day. just wipe the face and under the neck creases with a warm wash cloth. eventually you may want to go to everyday bc it will become part of a routine.
    Anonymous

• I bathed mine as needed. a sponge bath most of the time was plenty. tub bath(after cord fell off) only when absolutely needed.
    hypersquirrel

Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I bathed mine as needed so when she was tiny tiny it was like once a week. After he/she was scooting and crawling and such it was every other night.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• One to 3 times a week. If you bathe them every day you can dry out their skin.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2010