my mom found a note ...

my "little" brother just proposed to his g/f last month he has always seemed really responsible and grown up ( all his friends are older, he is in the air force, and helps out in the community) His now fiance is a year older than me ( 23) but she acts like she is about 17 ... My brother was working for the sherriffs office but he cut down on his hours because she told him he needed to spend more time with her, so then he basically lost his job, the only money they have is what he gets for the air force, ( a few hundred a month) which he gives to her and then she will give him gas money ( they live with my mom & dad so they dont pay rent or anything) ..the rest is hers ! Obviously my brother is whipped ! they are getting married this summer and he asked my cousin to be his best man as soon as they got engaged..the next she said he sint going to be the best man that their friends are the only * contnued *

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• ones who can be best man/maid of honor... and then she planned the whole wedding in another state because she knew most of the family wouldnt beable to go there ( money wise and traveling wise) the other night we all went out to eat together and the whole time she kept complaing about her food, about the waitress and about how my brother didnt have enough money to buy her this candle thing int he store we went into before we ate...then after we ate she said she had to go to walmart and she bought a new doorknob for their bedroom, ( which I understood, they wanted one you could lock) UNTIL she said this way no one can go into our room ( in the house they pay for nothing in) ...I asked my mom. what does she think you ( my mom) is going to sneak into their room and take her clothes or something....but she did however tell my mom that she has to wait until they are home to clean it !! My mom is beyond pissed... *continued*
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• To me this sounds like your brother's fiance is a mjor control freak and that's not good..I would strongly suggest to him not to get married to her..He deserves the money that he gets from the military he shouldn't be giving it all to her..I will be praying for this situation
    hischikaforever

Answer by hischikaforever at 11:55 AM on Feb. 13, 2010

• You can tell him you don't think she's right for him but ultimately it's his decision who he marries. Just have patience. Eventually he'll realize who she really is.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• sorry i didnt finish..laptop lost its battery....anyways my mom found a letter on the floor in the kitchen ( she must of droppe it) and it was from my brother and was talking about how he doesnt want kids right now since he has to do an oversees tour and he wants to be here to see his baby.... and then he talks about how much he loves her...my mom said hse is going to try and make the best of it since he seems so in love with her....but then when she was picking up their laundry ( my brother is away for a month for the AF) she found an ovulation kit hidden underneth a bunch of clothes and stuff... so she is thinking maybe she is trying to get pregnant?

I liked the idea of him getting married so we can go out as couples or hang out or whatever, and I would love to have a neice ro nephew ....but I am so afraid for him to be stuck with her... but Ima lso afriad if we tell him how we feel we will just get pushed away...
    Anonymous

• He's not gonna listen to you your mom's not gonna listen to you cuz brother/son's in love and your mom loves her son, your brother. You have the least amount of emotions in this. But the emotion of lust love always wins over the love of respect and intelligence. All you can do is step back and be support when something fall. Watch your own money in case you have to help your parents out possibly having been sucked dry by brother and 'wife'.

The more you fight with mom over this the more you're going to send her siding to your brother. The more you argue with your brother you'll be forcing him to protect his wife.

Try stepping back and letting chips fall where they may. Sometimes people just cant be reasoned with in personal situations and are best loved knowing their recognized as of legal age.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Your mom needs to kick both of them out of her house. He might wake up then. If she's got an ovulation kit and he's away for a month she's probably trying to get pregnant without him and then say he's the father.

And your brother's how old and still writing notes? Really?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My brother is with a woman just like that...but much worse. And my entire family cannot stand her. She has changed him so much, and she is ruining his life...but there is NOTHING we can do about it. There is nothing you will be able to do to change his mind...no matter what you tell him, he will never understand...he's blinded by her...and nothing will change this...my brother has been with his wife (and they have a child...what a mess) for years...and it just gets worse...never better. Good luck. All you can really do is be there for him as he begins to realize what is really going on...and how she really is..and even then..he probably wont leave.
    Anonymous

• Wtf..men are so clueless. I would kick that stupid biatch to the curb. HOWEVER...they are adults. And unless you and Mom want to alienate your brother from the family, just stay out of it.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• If they are grown enough to get married, and she's thinking about having a baby!, then they need to move out of your mom's house and pay their own way. Maybe if she's having to pinch her pennies to pay her rent she'll think twice about getting pregnant right now!

Answer by missanc at 12:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Personally I would tell him what you think and feel, but also tell him that this is his decision and you will do your best to support his decision. Leave it at that. Eventually she will change or he will leave her. Have your mom mail the ovulation kit. And maybe encourage him to take one of the many AF financial classes. And maybe take some of the marital classes together as well, maybe they both will learn something.  GL you can't make him see something he doesn't want to.  Just be there for him.  Help out were you feel is appropriate but have boundaries.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010