about my daughter she said she is not in to drugs but she hangs with the ones that do it

my daughter said she is not into drugs but i went to her appartment and found a thing she did or one of her friends did it there at her place i dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• What did you find? don't expect to be guilty by association.

Answer by older at 12:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• what was the thing? I might be able to help you... I was a full blown drug addict when I was 24... and dabled/experimented for years before that.... My parents knew about the experimenting (drinking/pot) but I hid from them when I had a major problem... until they ultimately interviened... I went to rehab and now I have 2 years sober.... So I have a lot of experience on this matter.. and would like to help; however I would need more information.
    Anonymous

• Do not believe her.
    Anonymous

• I never did drugs but my friends did. I guess you just have to trust that what you taught her was enough to help her make good decisions. That's what I told my mom. Just talk with her about what you found.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My guess is your daughter is doing drugs.
    Anonymous

• What would you LIKE to do? If she has a problem and isn't telling you about it, there really isn't anything you can do at this point. Has she shown any other signs of possible addiction? What exactly did you find?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• She's doing drugs. You don't hang out with people who do them in your house and not do them yourself. And if byu the off chance she's not already doing them-she will start.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• did you find a pipe? She's lying because she doesn't want you to think badly of her. She's an adult you don't need to intervene. When she ends up in jail, you can go and visit and tell her she's better than that, but she's not going to listen to you now.
    Anonymous

• She is grown and on her own. I FOUND OUT MY KIDS LEARN FROM THEIR MISTAKES! They don't listen to what I say but they do "hear" me when things go wrong. They always look for help from me and I give what I can. Kids have more bad things out there than we did growing up. We can only hope they make the right decisions and help when they can't. I just hope god is there for them when they fall, when I'm there or not. Besides, chances are, she has already tried it! Only she can make up her mind whether it is something she wants to do or not
    Joyce876

Answer by Joyce876 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I went to a music college and mostly everybody did some form of drugs. I lived with a few that did it in the apartment. I never did any of them and would be pretty ticked if my parents even thought that I had.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 12:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2010