Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is wayy tmi but I need some advice....vag problems after rough sex....

So, last night hubs and I had our first night completely alone at home since we had our daughter 8 months ago...

We had some fun haha 4 times actually and I woke up this morning and I'm on fire up there, I'm raw and I hurts to wipe when I go to the restroom and it hurts to just walk or sit.

We were using condoms with spermicidal lubricant and I just read on them that you are only supposed to use them once in a day because of the spermicidal...

Could the fiery feeling be from maybe an allergic reaction? And what can I do for that and the rawness and discomfort? I'm also pretty swollen.

Sorry for too much information but this was the only place I could go to ask anonymously.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Health

Answers (11)
  • Maybe there wasn't enough lube? Particularly if you're breastfeeding, but what you are describing sounds like I get when I'm not "wet" enough. I've been using KY Liquibeads and they really help - and they last 3-4 days so I don't have to worry about making sure the lube is close by when we want to have sex.

    Answer by missanc at 12:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • Lol been there-done that. It usually just took a day or two for things to start feeling better. For me at least I had to remember-lots of lube-when going at it all night. You will be fine just take it easy for a day or two.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • Spermicide kills living cells. It's a gnarly chemical. In the future, get unlubricated condoms and use a separate lube.

    You'll have to wait it out. There are a few things you can do to restore your natural balance a little faster.

    Drink plenty of water. I mean plenty.
    Slippery elm tea or capsules.
    eat some yogurt-- get some probiotics
    you can rub a little olive oil over the area- just make sure your hands are clean before you put them in your vagina
    Also, try to have sexy thoughts. This will help your body make more natural moisture and flush the vaginal canal.

    Answer by ecodani at 12:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • you might have got yourself a urinary tract infection too does it hurt TO pee, or just hurts in that area when you DO pee

    Answer by sati769leigh at 12:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • It does sound like either allergic reaction or not enough wet as pp said. See if you can go to a walk in care (worth the expense!!!) cuz no matter which it is the more often you pee you'll get more raw and irritated. There is a product out for several years, can't remember the name of it, sold over the counter specifically for gyn external rash troubles but for me when I've had similar to you it just burned all the more.

    Try powdering yourself with a pure kitchen cornstarch (sterile!!!!) or a baby powder externally to quiet down that area. Years ago when my dd had constant rashes from antiobiotics and diapers my ped gave me for her a script that over time became equal to over the counter monistat.

    sorry just remembered that I did have once myself a vaginal infection that actually came too right after a crazy night before me and hubby married. I did go to the e r and got meds.

    Answer by lfl at 12:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • Spermacidal lubes/condoms give me that same problem. For me it was an reaction.hope you feel better soon,

    Answer by hypersquirrel at 12:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • I'd also use a cold pack. Honestly, that's the only thing that's ever helped me with pain down there related to sex.

    Answer by ourbabykins at 1:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • ecodani has exactly the same advice that I do...GOOD work ecodani! :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • Rinse, rinse, rinse with warm water and gentle soap...I use a natural oatmeal soap from the health food store...apply vitamin E to the area...I just bite open a capsule and apply..

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

  • Ouch! bee n there but it was a reaction to the warming stuff by KY. I used cortisone on the outside areas. Do not put cortisone cream inside. though!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.