Does anyone else not celebrate "Love Day" the way it is intended to be?

We think it is kind of silly. We don't depend on one day to show each other how we feel. We have made Love Day about family since our daughter likes the idea of love day. I make a nice breakfast for everyone and we do something nice together as a family.

How do you spend it?

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 12:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I show and tell my husband every day how much I love him, and he does the same for me but for us it's a day where we really go out of the way to do special things for the other person. I love knowing I can always look forward to special gifts/treats from him on that day.
    Your argument is like people saying they don't celebrate Christmas because you should carry that same spirit all year long. Or don't celebrate Thanksgiving because we should always be thankful. Those things are true - but celebrations are fun! Why spoil it?!?

Answer by missanc at 12:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• we dont celebrate valentines day. we love on every day
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I agree. Love day should be everyday. I also think Thanksgiving should be everyday...we all should be grateful for what we have every day of our lives, especially the love in our life even if it's just love for ourselves.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• i don't think it's a really big deal if people want to celebrate it. yes, my husband and i love eachother every day- but on valentines day we'll do something extra special, make heart cookies with my daughter, etc. i don't know why people even care how other's spend their valentine's day and have to justify why they don't.
    Anonymous

• its my birthday so more or less its about me! haha i know thats selfish, but i still get a little something for hubby and stuff. otherwise he enjoys pampering me and whatnot--gotta love 'im!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I'm a single mother, who IS NOT intrested in dating at the moment, my number one priority is my son, so valentines day will be me showing my little boy how much I LOVE him!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 1:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• well since its St Valentine's day and not LOVE day....get that straight.

Anonymous

• What is Valentine's Day?! I wish my husband would do something for me just to show that he appreciates everything I do, but he ususally doesn't. I used to go all out for him, but when he couldn't even pick me up a $2 rose from a gas station, I said forget it. LOL! Oh and I was just being sarcastic with the first statement. I know most people know that but there will probably be at least one who doesn't haha.
    Anonymous

• We don't need a special day to show we love each other and normally we don't do anything for Valentine's but this year we are. It's not to celebrate Valentine's Day though. I have been on a special diet for the past month & off of my thryoid meds in prep for annual testing and treatment that goes along with being a thyroid cancer survivor and yesterday I got my large dose radiated iodine treatment (because something showed on the scan). I can't leave the house for 48 hours because I am radioactive (have to avoid small children and pg women), I haven't had a meal that wasn't a small thin steak or a chicken breast in a month, I haven't been able to have dairy or cheese (no desserts) and I haven't been able to have movie theatre popcorn. As it happens my 48 hours of isolation ends at about 3p on the 14th so by 5p on the 14th I will be out to see a movie and then out to supper. It just happens that it'll be Valentine's Day.
    Anonymous

• We are going to just hang out as a family and exchange cards and get our daughter a card and a teddy bear.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2010