What learning system do you let your kids play with?

I'm looking to buy one fjor lmy 3yo daughter. I'm not sure which is better. Vtech Vsmile or Fisher Price, Leap Frog's Leap Pad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son loves the V-Smile but he has never played with a leapster or the fisher price one.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• paper, crayons and the world.

no wonder our kids are glued to handheld computerized devices inside on the couch.
    Anonymous

• Um. I checked back here out of curiosity of other responses. I want to say that game systems are FINE as long as the kid DOES do other things. My son is allowed 30 min a day. he plays outside. he colors he plays with toys in his room...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• anon - I almost selected you as best answer then realized you're a jerk. my kids use crayons, flash cards, etc. but you can't limit them.

Anonymous

• V Smile
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Vtech, Vsmile, Leap frog......my boys are 3 and 5 and can spell, count, do simple addition and subtraction, and know quite alot of vocabulary.....amazing these inventions are!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 2:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Vtech, Leap frog leapster, tag reader, fisher price smart cycle, workbooks, crayons, playdough, his imagination, coloring books, my computer. Whatever he chooses to utilize to help him explore and learn. I don't have a problem with handheld games as it has taught him things that I have not been able to. I would have liked to have tried the vsmile but we chose to go the the leapster and tag reader. He also enjoys the smart cycle as it helps him to burn off some energy as it is too cold where we are to go outside right now.

Best of luck choosing what you and your family think would be better for your child.
    Anonymous

• my son has a toy computer he presses buttons and has to touch objects on the screen there is diff levels easy med, and hard
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• We had a Learning Leap from Leap Frog but they weren't interested in it. I pushed the buttons more than they did. So now they're a little older I want to invest in a good system. I was leaning toward Vsmile. It seamed like something they both could play with. But when I went to eBay there were alot more choices than I expected.

Anonymous

• Books, paper, crayons, make believe, his organic natural toys. No television and no video games.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2010