is it normal for a mom to concider changing her sexual preferance after a bad relationship?

i left a very violent and abusive man. i was brought up my whole life around abusive men. where i live now there are several people that say i should change my preferance.

fightingmomma

Asked by fightingmomma at 1:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Can you just "change" your preference? Go from liking me to liking women?? While I think some women are beautiful they certainly don't do it for me... I don't think I could just choose to change my preference...
    Anonymous

• hehehe you're going to be a lesbien
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 1:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Is it normal? No. But nothing is so go for it!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• You could but it wouldn't be fair to whoever you choose to live with for your natural inclinations would eventually take over. It is very common to see someone in your predicament to want to change your preference, and even easier to find someone to accomodate you and make you feel special, but please understand this is a change that will not last.

You were unlucky to have had these abusive relationships, but this is no reason to change. There are good men out there, and I strongly beleive everyone has a better half somewhere, do not give up on on finding love for the right reasons.

Answer by older at 1:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• uh change to loving a woman? There are bisexual groups I'm sure on cm, lesbian too I'm sure. Maybe to help yourself grown out of sexuallly and physically, emotionally men you should try real hard to focus on caring for you not caring for you and a partner.

I know that's hard to do. I do best when I focus for my husband and my relationship, on church three times a week - I don't have anything I need God's forgiveness on going just focuses on the me in our relationship instead of just us, him.

Try too keeping busy with library - public libraries have great free programs.

What about counseling to help understand why you choose as you have? Maybe look into Displaced Homemakers .
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 1:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Don't pat attention to what other people think you should do. You do what YOU want to do, regaurdless of which way that is.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Normal I don't know? How about changing your taste in men.
    Anonymous

• I completely agree with Older. If you are not naturally attracted to women, please don't pretend to be. You would be hurting someone. Work on your problems with men and really, don't be in a hurry to get involved with anyone male or female. You need to heal yourself to bring your best self to your partner. Anything less is not fair or right to do.
    Anonymous

• My best friend, a mom of 2, suddenly went lesbian for over a year. She had always been straight since high school. We have been friends for 16 years. The dad of her 2 boys is in prison long term for rape and other charges (not against her). Anyways, I don't know if that relationship had anything to do with her going to a women but who knows....
    Anonymous

• If being gay was a choice then it would seem like a viable option.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2010