Is anyone else haveing to deal with SPD?

The pain is almost unbearable at times and is making taking care of myself and my other children hard. If anyone knows anything that can help, please let me know.

chula31313

Asked by chula31313 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes! I am 21 weeks pregnant with twins and I am in constant pain. It's hard to do ANYTHING-- walk up stairs, get up off the couch, roll over in bed.... I can't even shower without my fiance anymore because it puts me in tears just to lift my leg up high enough to wash "down there." LoL. I know what you're going through and it SUCKS. I don't really have any advice or anything that will help ... just wanted to let you know you're not alone. LoL. Good luck! Oh.... just wondering... how far along are you?
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I'm......36 weeks? They keep chnging my due date. I had SPD with my last baby, but ot this bad. I can't seem to do anything anymore. Rolling over in bed and trying to get up a hundred times to use the potty are hard enough, but trying to get dressed by myself........that's almost imposible at this point. My hubby is military and not currently here, your lucky you have someone there to help. Gook luck.
    chula31313

Answer by chula31313 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I had it with my last baby too but not as early ... it started this time at around 15 weeks... but not until about 33 or 34 weeks with the last pregnancy. Carrying twins has been a lot harder on me.... I'm only 21 weeks and I am already completely miserable!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Same thing with me, started earlier this time. Everyone thinks I'm having twins because I'm as big as a house, but I can't imagine having to deal with this and actually being pregnant with twins. At least your past 20 weeks, so you can start counting down now. :)
    chula31313

Answer by chula31313 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• whats is SPD??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I had it and my best advice is get a maternity support belt. It worked wonders for me. It didn't completely take the pain away but it definately took alot of the pressure of the baby off of it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• SPD is Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. It is basically disfunctioning pubic bones. I believe most of the time it is due to your pelvic bonesbeing mis-alligned. It causes, for me anyway, severe pain in pelvic area when ever I move. Putting on pants while getting dressed and trying to roll over in bed are particularly difficult and painful.
    chula31313

Answer by chula31313 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010