Are you bitter?

Not towards anyone or anything in particular, just bitter in general? Has life been unfair to you that you just despise everything about people and other issues?

Sometimes I feel that way. I've been pushed around all my life and in fact I used to be really nice to people all the time and all they would do is take advantage. So I think I am bitter because of it. I don't trust people, I don't like people for whatever reason and I could care less about what's happening in the world. I only care about what's closest to me. My family.

Anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in About CafeMom

• No, not bitter, and I do care about others other than my own.

Answer by older at 1:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I feel like that alot of the time. I have had traumatic instances in my life that have depressed me and overall made me bitter. I try not to be most of the time. But how can u help it sometimes. I know that no one deserves to be treated bitterly, but kind people have faded over the generations and people who take advantage of niceness have seem to have increased. Anyone who asks about you these days wants something from you I believe. Sometimes family checking up. I dunno, life sucks these days. You can pm me if u want. I'm free to hear u out.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• yeah I'm bitter. I have moved around what's happened to me but I'm bitter in that I was not protected by who morally and legally should have done so. I've made sure that I'm safe since and my kids too. No one hurts my kids. No One.
    Anonymous

• No. I'm mad that Obama won but otherwise my life is good.
    Anonymous

• I think I'm a little bitter and jaded but I still do my best to be a good person.
    Every once in a while something will happen that restores my faith in humanity though.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Nope, I've been incredibly lucky my entire life. I'm probably the luckiest person I know, and I'm truly grateful.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• sometimes
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• no
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I know how you feel. I was there not too long ago. What helped me is the wonderful friends I have made on here. Some of these ladies have really helped me through some rough times. Another thing that helped me a LOT was getting involved with a group in real life, finding some people who have the same interests that I do, and giving me a chance to get out of the house and talk to grown-ups about adult stuff (NOT X-rated, but grown-up, not kid stuff, kwim?) Find something that you DO care about, and get yourself involved with others who care about that too. The way you are feeling now is not healthy for you or your family. Good luck!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• No, I'm happy Im alive everyday, have my boys, my home, my dog, dh and my family. Bad things happen, sure, but for the most part life is what you make it, and I've chosen to live mine happy!
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2010