time to put my baby in his own room?

My son turned 5 months on the 1st of Feb- I thinking its a good time to put him in his own room now?
anything I should be aware of, is it a good idea yet?
He had major health problems but has since grown out of them so I feel it might be time??
Idk,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my little girl has been sleeping in her room since 3 months old and she will be 6 months old this month... I didnt know when to do it and I heard stories of people letting them sleep in the parents room for a long time and then it was harder on the child because they were used to it. So I think as long as you have a monitor you should be fine. Good Luck! :)
    heatherjenea

Answer by heatherjenea at 2:07 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• yup - just make sure you have a monitor - it allways made me feel better to have that by my bed an know i could hear him even when he wasnt in my room
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• If you look at the research on preventing SIDS they give the following info: "Keep your baby’s crib in the parents’ room until the infant is at least 6 months of age. Studies clearly show that infants are safest when their beds are close to their mothers."
    Something to consider. I always keep my babies with me until they are closer to a year.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• If you are comfortable with it and feel he is ready then now is a great time!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 1:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• how does the crib in the parents room prevent sids if they are still sleeping in their crib? What's the diff?
    I am not bashing - I am actually curious.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Studies show babies are less likely to die of SIDS when sleeping in the same room with the parents. I don't think they know exactly why. The theory is that baby senses/hears/smells the mom helps to regulate their breathing.
    Dr. Sears says "A major part of my sleep-sharing hypothesis is that mother can act as a breathing pacemaker for her baby. Picture what happens when mother and baby sleep side by side. Mother acts like a breathing pacemaker for her baby during sleep. "
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous