Why is it assumed that if you don't vaccinate you are doing so because of Autism?

Most parents that choose not to vaccinate have little to no concerns about Autism. And while there is continued question about the links, it's rarely a point of worry for the majority of non-vax families.

So, why is it that every time someone says they don't vaccinate there are 500 responses about how there is no link to Autism and Vaccines... Don't you people understand that Autism is the least of our worries about vaccines?

We are more concerned with the idea of chemical poisoning, brain swelling, severe skin conditions, blindness, auto-immune issues, thyroid damage and death (as well as other things) that the CDC and VEARS program state happen so often...

AUTISM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• probably because that has been the reaon most heard
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• i don't care why you don't vax. I just hope your kid isn't going to my kids school or playing at my playgrounds. My friends daughter who was to young to be vaxed was hospitalized and almost died for Measles at 5 months old because a mother of a 3 year old in her play group chose not vax and her daughter got measles and gave it to the baby because she was not yet showing signs at the time of the play group. COULD HAVE BEEN PREVENTED WITH VAX. You choosing not to vax gives you the potential to KILL someone else's child.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you...it is frustrating that when someone asks why I don't vaccinate, the first thing they assume is because of Autism. Really it has nothing to do with that at all. But thats what people hear about the most, of course they aren't going to hear about all the other horrible things associated with vaccines.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Anon - would you like to see the pictures of my daughter after they removed part of her brain because of her vaccines? I'm sorry, measles should be the least of your concerns!

Frankly, anyone that chooses to vaccinate is either uneducated or unloving... I was uneducated, I didn't know I was supposed to do the research. Now, my daughter is going through her 8th surgery... She is 3 years old!
    Anonymous

• Because around here that is just about all you here about when it comes to non-vaxing or questions on autism. You can also thank Dr. Wakefield. he started most of it with his bologna study.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• think vax are safe check this shit out.

Anonymous

• They don't cause autism. It's been proven.
    http://www1.voanews.com/english/news/health/Lancet-Disavowal-of-Autism-Vaccine-Connection-May-Lead-to-More-Immunizations-84171582.html
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• OP Here...
    Laila-May - thank you for prooving my point!

and let me repeat!
    AUTISM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE REASONS WHY THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE CHOOSE NOT TO VACCINATE!!!!

Also, while it has recently been proven that ONE doctors studies linking Autism and Vaccines has been proven faulty, that does NOT discredit other studies NOR does it prove that there is no link! What it does do is prove that THAT ONE STUDY could be inaccurate in it's findings.
    Anonymous

• I don't vaccinate. My number one biggest pet pieve is people that assume it was out of fear of Autism. In fact the great majority of my reasons were because of the cold hard facts supplied by the CDC, FDA and VEARS, in addition to personal injury from vaccines... Autism has become the trigger that starts the research for many parents, and it's the most advertised. You rarely hear about cases where children die or are nearly killed by vaccines... I have a friend that worked at our local Childrens Hospital. She worked with a number of children who were nearly killed due to vaccine reactions - but they NEVER made the news! I think if they did, there would be more and more parents that understand the danger and less and less parents who choose to remain uneducated!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Frankly, anyone that chooses to vaccinate is either uneducated or unloving

I never question why anybody chooses not to vaccinate. They are doing what they feel is best for their own family. Stop bashing me because I chose to do what I felt was best for my own child. You have your own opinion, that's fine. But to say that any mom is either uneducated or unloving just because they don't agree with your choice is really immature!
    Anonymous