cookies

how do you keep them soft for so long after taking them out the oven? i cant seem to keep them like that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I make the best cookies! What I do is watch them very close while in the oven. I actually take them out a minute or two before they're done. The middle is a tad bit soft then I let them cool and either cover them with plastic wrap or put them in a ziploc bag.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 2:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Easiest thing in the world!!!! Throw a piece of sandwich bread in with your stored cookies!!! Makes them nice and soft!
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 2:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• your cooking it too long. it still looks doughy when you really should take them out. its tricky bc it looks like its not finished cooked. but you have to take them out earlier than usual let them sit for 10mins they should hard enough to eat but nice and soft stll. :)
    Armywifelovely

Answer by Armywifelovely at 2:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• take it out 2 min before they are supposed to be done and let cool. if they still get hard, putting a piece of bread in the container with them will make them soft again.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• do not over mix
    only bake for the minimum suggested time
    use a shiny cookie sheet instead of a dark one
    Anonymous

• Apple slice cut from red ripe apple

Keep the cookies in a tightly sealed container with a wedge of fresh apple that will keep them soft.

Anonymous

• I keep them in a container with a lid and a slice of bread even if some are kinda hard after they cool once they sit in a container with the bread they are soft again and awesome..........i do it everytime.
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 3:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2010