ok im 23 weeks prego. and my lower back is killing me what should i do?

and i have been having contractions but not constant.

bethprosser

Asked by bethprosser at 2:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not much you can do. I had that too. My issue was with my siatica nerve. I've hear of people getting medication for it but not sure if your Dr. will recommend that or not. You can try getting a belly band from Motherhood. It takes some of the weight off your back.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Sit or lay down and elevate your feet; put a pillow under your knees.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 2:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I had such terrible back pain it was near impossible to get comfortable for more then10 minutes. Last week at 34 weeks I finally gave in a tried a chiropractor and to my amazement I have been feeling 90% better and have been able to sleep in bed with SO for 4 nights in a row now. Haven't had any Siatic nerve pain at all and before it was so terrible I couldn't get off the couch or out of bed. Its worth a try if you want to try it. GL
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 6:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2010