Need advice on discpline

she is 5 years old. She has started back talking, telling us no when asked to do something, not listening ect... any advice

Keesee_Jennifer

Asked by Keesee_Jennifer at 3:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• put her in the corner,and if she does it agin add a minute for everytime she says it.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Don't back down on punishment. Punish even if in the heat of the moment he apologizes. Talk firmly. No matter his volume of screams or height of anger, punish him. When he get out of time out before time is up place him back. He is testing you. Better that the tests lasts several weeks than 10 to 15, 17 years.

I have 3 kids and didn't punish much my youngest who's now a 17 yo. It was hard to regain control but I have now for years. Being firm and disciplining is hard because you're disciplining a little you, a small size husband. You're not moving a rock that doesn't think or feel emotions to another part of a room.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I've heard a lot of positive feedback about the book "Parenting with Love and Logic" and 1-2-3 Magic for Kids.  Both are here with other discipline books and time-out products.  http://astore.amazon.com/wwwcjkidzcom3-20?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=15  Read the reviews to find which looks best to you.   Most important, REMAIN CALM AND BE CONSISTENT. 

momjs

Answer by momjs at 9:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I always tell my kids sternly, looking them straight in the eye...." I am your mother and you will not talk to me like that! now go lay on your bed and do not come off until you are ready to say your sorry"

Get control and let them know mom's are too be respected,,,,do it before puberty or it will be hell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Feb. 14, 2010