Is it wront to go out once in a while without my husband, or go on a trip for 6 days and leave my husband home with the kids

I have been married for 15 yrs. I have been so bored lately. My husband hardley ever wants to go out. Instead, he wants to sit at home, drink, play video games and watch tv. He thinks I should not go out without him. And he says spouses dont go on trips without the other. I am only going to see family with my mom, I havent seen in 19 yrs. What is wrong with this? If anything? I have not been out anywhere since new yrs eve, with him, and before that, I went to a concert over the summer, he didnt want to go, so I took a friend with me.
Granted, there are trust issues, as I did have an affair 8 yrs ago, but have not since.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• I dont see nothing wrong with that at all. If you havent betrayed him for over eight years then just go. Tell him that its your way of showing him he can trust you. If he wants you to only go out with him then that is a need he has to meet. At least half way. Its called a compromise. Hope this helps as it was meant too.
    Have a great day!:)
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 5:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I go out without my husband all of the time. We don't have a babysitter so we take turns going out.

We've both gone for weekend getaways without each other. I just got back from a girls weekend away actually.

If he doesn't trust you going out on your own then he needs to get off his ass and go with you.
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's wrong to go out wout him no. I mean you're married not dead! lol As for the vacation, I'd maybe cut it back to 3 nights and four days but that's just me. I personally wouldn't want to be away from my daughter that long.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• nothing wrong about it at all...
    Infact his behavior is kinda the type that I would think would push someone to another affair...
    Anonymous

• You just said why it's wrong. You get into trouble when you get bored plus 6 days is too long to make him watch the kids. Go on a weekend and take the kids with you.
    Anonymous

• nothing wrong as long as you're not doing anything wrong...so no reason to think its a bad thing.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I go on a 4 day trip every year with my mom! We have a retreat with the other women in our family! My hubby is ok with this and his parents help out with the kids while he's at work or he'll take the time off from work! He's not much for going out but doesn't mind if I go out on occasion with my girl friends or my mom! It's healthy to get away every once in awhile! Absence makes the heart grow stronger, right?!?!?
    kristie1029

Answer by kristie1029 at 11:02 PM on Feb. 14, 2010