who takes care of the money and bills in your house. need to know if i am thinking the right way or not

ok girls since you are the only people i can talk to. i am not aloud to have friends. hd says they put idea's in my head. but that is another story. my hd is horrible with money. do you think it is normal for a gtuy to go threw $250.00 in two wk's. that is including $80 in gas for work,ice fishing trip for one day and a day to go snowmobiling .am i over reacting that he is going threw to much $. i do not do any thing we live way out in the country so i only make one trip into town a wk to get food and go to the bank other wise i sit at home with the two children becasue of not having enough moeny to do any thing. tried finding a job but after child care and my gas out. no money left. so i am being a sah mom until kids get into school.
do a lot of you that are a sah mom sit at home and let the hd go and do his own thing with the boys.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Sweety your husband is mentally abusive. And controlling.
    If you want to have friends, who is he to tell you that you can not. I am sorry if I am putting ideas into your head, but this is how it should be. You are married, yes, but that does not mean he can control your life. Your every movement. You need a life as well. What you need to do is see a marriage counsiler. Let them try to help you fix this. This is not right. You should NOT be treated like an animal. I am so sorry that you have to live this way.
    You should have his money. It is yours as well, whether he works for it or not.
    I was a sah mom. I just recently (this past week) got a job! But no. He can not go out until we get time spent together and there is nothing that I would like to do. Yes, he works. But I am with our son, which is enough like working all day.
    You are being treated very unfair. That is why he wants to continue to keep you in the dark. And
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• not have any friends.
    Here is my e-mail if you would like to talk further
    krisew90@yahoo.com
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Your letting him to do that so it's partly your fault. I'd tell him to piss off.

And I think it's funny that Krise can see when other people are being treated like shit but she can't see that she herself is being treated the same way. Very sad.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Also, even though hes the main income, he doesnt just spend the money. we pay bills first. then our son. then discuss what we want and what we need. Now that i have a job, i will be helping with the bills. Also, me and SO dont use daycare. i go to work and am home in time for him to go to work. you never know whos watching your child
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Wait a minute-- your not aloud to have friends? what his he your father/or your husband? this is suppose to be an equal(EQUAL) partnership. and yes he is blowing to much money for his own pleasure,and your sitting at home with 2 kids? Ohh -that would change in a heartbeat. I would tell him you get half of that 250 for your own doing,and too bad he has to live on 125 a 2week time. so what-get the sitter, and get a job out,even if it takes all your money in gas, and paying her.-at least your out of the house. What his is yours also, and you need money to go out with=without your kids to do things.He don't like that-well thats just too bad isn't it. Puts things in your head/ I would put something over his.
    Anonymous

• I feel kind of the same way sometimes. My DH does allow me to have friends, but we live out in the sticks and I often feel isolated. Add me as a friend here if you like, anon.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:02 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Some men think if they make the money then they should be able to spent it the way they want. They try to balance the stress of work and family with playtime. Perhaps he'd stop wasting money if you two decided to save for something you both wanted.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:06 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• i can honestly say as far as the money goes...maybe that is alittle too much money for him to spend by himself.... as far as the other is considered im not a sah mom YET. i do work right now only till tax season ends but i work and still come hom to have to basically stay with the kids while he goes out with his boys playin cards and what ever else. i don't ever do anything either because if im not at work im here with the kids doing nothing. my fiance doesnt even like to do anything really as far as the zoo,parks,mall ect. and im preggo again with my 3rd child. im super stressed but i no how u feel and where ur coming from. email me lilduckie152004@yahoo.com if you'd want to talk some more.
    amberdamian12

Answer by amberdamian12 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• WOW- you women are a sorry bunch- can't have friends? that would be a day hell would frezze over,and you let that be? thought you women were strong,& don't let people walk on you guys-boy I was wrong,your not 4-grow -up,no one gets to tell you what to do. Or you had a brain surgery-you forget who you are?
    Anonymous

• it should be an equal partnership.....me and dh both work hard on our finances. You however need to get some intervention, you're not a child and you certainly can have friends....a man who does that to you does not respect you.
    LynnB1

Answer by LynnB1 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2010