Is anyone else scared that this non-vaxing trend will end up destroying the human race?

Doctors and scientists say that due to this trend of not vaccinating, there will inevitably be an outbreak of some of these diseases. Once this happens, the diseases will only mutate and become stronger, thus putting those who were previously vaxed in danger as well. I don't find it fair considering i vax my daughters, and now they're at risk anyways because other people aren't. These diseases will eventually be capable of killing large amounts of people. I find this terrifying, and it could all be prevented.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Kids' Health

• It is pretty scary that a whole bunch of otherwise intelligent women are actually believing that garbage and refusing to have their babies vaccinated. It is like some kind of mindless cult ...they don't even bother to THINK. They just repeat the same line "We don't VAX." So pathetic. I am woorried that there will be an outbreak...think about what it would be like if Polio made a comeback and they had to start giving polio vaccintions to deal with a whole new strain or even the oreiginal starin of the Polio germs. Polio kills .....then they all ,like robots.....say "I don't want my baby to be killed by a VAX'. LOL. They can't even try hard enough to say "Vaccination", It is like a slogan " I don't Vax" .Oh my goodness. If any of us say s that they were vaccinated and their children were vaccinated and their grandchildren were.....they tell you that doesn't mean anything to them. Gawwwwwddddd.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I fell that there could be outbreaks, that's one of the reasons why I vax.
    Anonymous

• *feel
    Anonymous

• I hear vax are ok if they are taken one at a time. The problem is in bundling them together. We didn't have problems in the old days with vax bc we didn't bundle a bunch of them.
    Anonymous

• I would love to read this study because that is quite untrue scientifically. Most diseases that are vaccinated against are already non-existent in this modern world. Vaccines prevent the disease from causing serious illness, it doesn't however prevent their spread as some people are led to believe. We vaccinate to produce antibodies to prevent the disease from causing serious harm. There are numerous studies that also suggest vaccines causing severe mutation of these diseases which will not be stopped by vaccines, or medication. This is much more likely a cause for a serious outbreak. This has been studied and backed for years instead of recently where scientists are abandoning the true scientific process to make their own careers.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Absolutely that is an issue. While I don't see it destroying the human race, there could definitely be an outbreak. My husband and I were just talking about this, actually. He was saying how this doctor he knows was discussing how the things we vaccinate for are very much being spread in other countries. With people immigrating like they are, they're bound to bring some over. I can only hope that my son is protected enough with the vaccines he's had.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Most diseases that are vaccinated against are already non-existent in this modern world."

False.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I would be more afraid of things like resistant staph, TB etc...overuse of antibiotics is causing way worse problems. Because now kids are in group settings at younger ages ( daycare as infants) there are more kids getting pneumonia and things and having to need rounds and rounds of antibiotics even before their first birthday. On top of people demanding antibiotics for viruses and doctors supplying them.

I could see some of those diseases becoming stronger if part of the treatments is antibiotics, then it might mutate and become resistant.
    Anonymous

• I vax, but sometimes I feel bad for following the herd mentality. Yes, before vaxing came along, there were horrible diseases in the world. But guess what? There are still horrible diseases whether we vax or not. The world is not going to end because some moms don't do it. The ones who do vax far outweigh those who don't. I guess I'm just too chicken sh*t to gamble with my kids' well being, but I still give props to the brave moms who don't.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Oh yeah and, over killing everything is backfiring on us too. That's why there's so many resistant strains of viruses and bacteria. People NEED to build up to immunities naturally or the medicine won't work.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 6:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2010