What kinda chocolate?

Should i use if im melting it for strawberries??

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• you can use low temp melting chocolate that you can find in the store, or you can use regular chocolate chips mixed with oil. I would look at finding melting choc, or fondue choc.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Baking chocolate is good (bars stocked on the baking isle). If you care about flavor make sure that cocoa butter is in the first three ingredients listed. Regular chocolate chips are made to withstand heat and hold their shape so they are not really the best option for melting. You can buy candy melts made specifically for melting. I'm not sure how they are on the flavor, never tried them.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 6:58 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I would use milk chocolate chips. I use chocolate chips (white, semi-sweet, milk) all the time in my candy making and they melt just fine. You can either melt them in the microwave (stir every 30 seconds or less to prevent burning) or in a double boiler or in a heavy mug set in an 1/2 inch hot water in an electric skillet.

If you use semi sweet chocolate chips, add 1 to 2 tsp. solid vegetable shortening like Crisco to the melting chocolate to make it more smooth.

Almond bark (sold in the baking aisle) is another great alternative to chips.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• fair trade

Answer by rkoloms at 4:33 PM on Feb. 17, 2010