Fridge is acting weird!! Any advice?

Hi I think our fridge's compressor is going out,,,,hubby is under the assumption that too much food in the freezer is the issue. We are having party 2morrow, and it is pretty full, but it does not seem to be kicking on as normally would. It is 6 years old,,, and don't want $200 worth of steak to spoil!!! Repair man? New fridge? I am not an appliance friendly person so any advice would help! It has came on a couple of times, but it sounds very odd to me!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 6:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I agree with PP, my fridge is about that old and does the same kind of stuff, if you can afford it I would get a new one. Mine sounds like an airplane in my house, and wish I could get rid of it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• keep a thermometer in the fridge and see if the temperature is correct.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Hi thanks for the answers problem, probably can't afford it right now and can't get one delivered for sure by 2 morrow,,,,,, I guess just hope for the best?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 6:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• As long as you don't open the freezer and it isn't hot in the house it should be ok until tomorrow. Good luck.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2010