Braxton Hicks or something more serious? Would you be worried???

Okay... I am 21 weeks pregnant with twins and I have been having contractions today like crazy. It started at about 4am -- I woke up with really bad diarrhea (I know, TMI lol).... and I was really nauseated which is unusual for me 'cause I've never had morning sickness. So I ate some Rolaids and laid down on the couch, got up around 9am and I've been having what I assumed to be BH contractions ever since then. Literally, just about every time I have felt my stomach today it has been rock hard and it's really uncomfortable, especially down low. I've had plenty of fluids so I know I'm not dehydrated.... Idk what could be causing it. So anyway, I called my Dr. and he said don't worry about it, pre-term labor isn't likely at 21 weeks, take a warm bath to relax, blah blah blah.... and he said if they get any worse go to the hospital but it doesn't sound like anything is wrong.

Also, this is my 3rd pregnancy and (cont)

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• go to the hospital
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I think A: you need to find a new doctor this one is a complete and utter moron, and B: go into labor and delivery and have them check, carrying twins does up the chances of pre-term labor. You need to get checked and medicated if needed. Please find a new doctor the one you have is not being a true advocate for you. I would be pissed if I were you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I went into labor at 33 weeks with my first pregnancy, with PAINLESS contractions. I went to L & D for a little bit of spotting and found out that I was already having contractions and dilating and I had NO idea.

So, what would you do if you were me? I would just go to the hospital now but I have to work tonight at 10 and I am like 2 call-offs away from being fired because of all the times I have been stuck at the hospital already during this pregnancy! Where I work, they do not accept Dr's excuses ... if you are not ADMITTED to the hospital, it counts as a call-off no matter what. Seriously, a few months ago I called off because I had been bleeding, went to the ER and the Dr told me NOT to go to work, to stay home and stay off my feet. Well, I took in the Dr's excuse and still got wrote up! So I don't wanna call off unless I absolutely have to 'cause I need my job... I don't know WHAT to do!
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Well first off your health and those babies is most important you need to go in since you have a history or preterm labor, 2nd if they fire you and write you up when you have documented notes from the doctor they are in violation of the law, and you need to complain to the state labor department. They cannot fire you for seeking medical attention that is strictly against the law in all cases. Go to the hospital right now, you don't want to risk those precious babies, and NOW I really mean get a new doctor, any doctor who would say that knowing your history is a quack and shouldn't be taking care of you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 6:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I'm going to go to the hospital... just to be safe. And this doctor is not my MAIN doctor... there are 3 doctors in the office I go to and 2 of them are great but this one is an idiot... and he just happened to be the one on call this weekend. LoL. I will update you all later when I get home. Thanks for the answers.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• well your job if your on your feet isnt going to help whats going on with you now your probably going to need to be put on bed rest your high risk because of carrying twins you need to go to the hospital and if they fire you file a law suit they cant fire you for going to the doctors while pregnant
    Anonymous

• Good luck let me know how everything goes.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:13 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• good luck.. I'm glad you went to the hospital! That doc is a MORON he obviously didn't even look at your chart. Don't worry so much about work.. if you lose your job because your pregnant and you actually HAVE written doctors excuses for each and every time you called out then you can sue the hell outta them.. they can't fire you for being pregnant which is essentially what they would be doing. You'll also get unemployment at that point which may not be as much, but its still money coming in. Good luck, I really hope everything turns out ok!!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• good luck! keep us posted
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Well, I went to L & D and they hooked me up to the monitors and everything and by that point the contractions were weaker but still there but I had been having them all day long and my cervix was still closed, long, etc. So they sent me home on pelvic rest and REST in general until Monday when I see my doctor again. Oh, and of course they told me to drink plenty of water which I was already doing. LoL.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 14, 2010