How do you promote your at home business?

I am thinking of starting my own at home business, but just wondering how do you get it out there of what you are selling w/ out knowing a lot of people?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• depends on the biz, if its MLM, i dont usually, thats old school marketing. If its a service, like pet care i do adds.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I have sold Avon for 27 years. One of the first thing you want to do is buy an name tag, with your name and your product. That way people will know what you do even if you don't get to talk to them.Vistaprint offers free business cards. Make up a flyer and put it on every bulletin board within 100 radius of your home. Depending on your business you can target groups who will need what you offer. Even though I sell Avon, I contact the hunting and fishing groups and gun clubs every year with a flyer advertising our bug repellant.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• First learn a 30 second commercial. People will always ask what you do, you must be ready to tell them: This is what I say "I market for a Fortune 500, Debt Free Highly awarded US based Health and Wellness manufacturer.

I educate, coach and mentor individuals and families who desire to live free of disease, free of physical discomfort, free of excess weight, free of debt: In exchange you learn how to manage your heath and vitality safer, more naturally with out all the excessive side effects.

I also help people duplicate our simple program, earning a lifelong reliable residual income."

Get business cards from VISTA PRINT, and tell everyone you know. ASK for referrals. People may not be interested in what you have but they may know someone who is. Become THE resource for your product line.

Make a point of meeting new people. Your contacts are vital...add one new person to your contact list per day. Best Wishes!
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 2:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Locally through postcards, flyers, business cards, & I wear a tee shirt with my info on it too...

Nationally I place classifieds, use free leads for email marketing & work on a number of social networking sites, I also work with other WAHMs to cross promote our opportunities through websites and flyer packs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I get my information out in many many ways business cards, fliers, social sites emails. Our company has trainings on the phone on how to work your business, yahoo group site others share how they work their business it's such a big help because everyone is helping you build it. We also have a training site online that has more information on their it's awesome! If you would like more information let me know or check out the info on my CM page.

Blessings
    ~Linda
    www.mysuccessathome.info
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 10:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Local chamber of commerce and other networking opportunities.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2010