What would you do?

my husband came home the other day from the doctorsand told me that the doctor told him his cholestrol, blood pressure and blood gluclose were high and he was asking me what he could do to help bring it down. We are exerciser together along with watching what are eating but was wondering if there were any other suggestions we could try. Thanks

Autumnlover68

Asked by Autumnlover68 at 9:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• High blood pressure meds will bring down the blood pressure, eating less red meat will help lower the cholesterol, and a fasting blood glucose test will tell if he is becoming diabetic or not. Keep up the exercise though, that helps allot.  Also eliminate as much stress as possible.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Cherios!
    I don't think I spelled it right!
    LOL!!!
    onespoiledwife

Answer by onespoiledwife at 9:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• i go all organic or the chreo thing
    navybabydec8

Answer by navybabydec8 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• There's a fantastic web site called Mercola.com. He's one of the best natural doctors out there. You can type cholesterol etc. into the search and see what he says. He says high Daily cardiovascular exercise
    Low grain diet "A healthy food plan with little to no grains and sugars will effectively lower insulin levels as elevated insulin levels are one of the primary drivers for raising cholesterol." He usually has an article at the top of each page and his comments on the bottom of the page. I know that with high blood pressure if you'll squeeze one of the stress things throughout the day as hard as he can that will lower blood pressure. If you want to ask me more about this stuff you can. God bless!
    jackimci

Answer by jackimci at 9:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Not salt at all and a lot of water.
    MVel

Answer by MVel at 1:23 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• There is something called the DASH diet its for people that have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. It consists of eating a lot of veggies and dairy. It works very well to bring blood pressure down. I would also stay away from sodium as much as possible try to keep your daily intake at about 1300mg or below.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 4:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• WELL EXERSICE IS GOOD AND ALL~ A DIET CHANGE IS MANDATORY AND KEY. HAVE HIM STAY AWAY FROM CANDY AND SODA(AND EVEN SOME CONCENTRATED JUICES)FOR THE HIGH SUGAR ISSUE. CHERRIOS AND THEIR NOW IS EVEN A DAILY MULIVIATMAN FOR HELPING LOW/MAINTAIN THE CHOLESTEROL.+I HEARD THAT GREEN APPLES AND CUCUMBERS W/SKIN ARE GOOD FOR THAT TOO. SORRY NO TIP FOR BLOOD PRESSURE~BE CALM? GOOD LUCK!! KAY :)
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 9:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2008