Creating a home budget, smoney... got any tips?

I'm trying to create a budget for my family, and pay off all of our debts, and find ways we can save money. My husband makes a decent living, I stay home with our daughter, but we still seem to always struggle for money! It puts a strain on our relationship. So any ideas, personal experiences, or help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

wishwish

Asked by wishwish at 6:31 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Money & Work

• First I would keep a diary of how every dollar is spent for the next month. You and your dh have to vigilant in this process. Then look back on it and see exactly where the money is going. That way you can see where to trim. You would be surprised to see how much you spend without realizing where it is going.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:35 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• crown financial has good money management ideas and budget planning. you can google it

TowmaGirl

Answer by TowmaGirl at 6:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• .I'll tell ya, join the Dave Ramsey Fans group here on Cafemom. That's ALL that they're about! You don't necessarily have to be a Ramsey fan, but they have how-tos for writing a budget, TONS of ideas, lots of support, and many, many success stories.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• use a money management system, i use In & Out cash management. Not only does it track, but you also get counsel.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I would keep track of every penny for a month so youknow where it is going. Then see what you can cut. Do you have credit card bills? See if you can take the smallest one and double the payment, when it's paid off take that money and apply it to the next one and so on. Also do you eat out or do take out? Cooking at home for a family is cheaper. Check you supermarket ads and plan your menu around the sale items.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:26 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• i love budgeting..if ya need help email me and ill try and make a plan for ya...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2010