How can I Potty Train my 2 year old son?

Hi all, my son just turned 2 on the 1st of February. Lately he has been ripping off all of his clothes and getting naked and peeing all over the floor and in his play room. I have a potty that he has seen plenty of times in the restroom however I can only get him to sit on it for 30 seconds before he's playing w/ it and trying to drag it out of the restroom. He sits on it w/o a diaper and he says "ouch, hurts" and he'll stand up and put the lid down. He despises it. Today I went to get him from his crib and he was NAKED and said "I poop, my toes" , meaning, good morning mom I pooped in bed and smashed it up with my toes. I clean pee off the tile at least 3 times a day. I try explaining to him that pee pee and poop goes in the potty. HELP MOMS HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! How did you do it? ANY INFORMATION WILL BE GLADLY ACCEPTED!! Thx.

FreshEG

Asked by FreshEG at 6:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well we got our daughter a toiliet seat that goes over ours. got it at walmart its a soft seat that just sits on top of a regular one has a handle so u can just take it off. my little one is 1 and a half and she is doing great with it,we also have the potty chairs but she also just carries them around and uses them as stools.also when he does go on the potty jump up and down and praise him.he will get so excited
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• well boys are harder to potty train then girls. my son just turned 3. And I can tell you what i did. He may not be ready, i would try around 2 1/2 years old. when i first started with my son, he would sit on the potty but i would have to remind him and take him to it. and that last about a month and then he just didnt want anything to do with his potty anymore. when he was about 2 1/2 years old, i tried again. And what i did was, i stay home with him all day and i just let him run around the house naked, but kept an eye on him to make sure he stayed in the living room. (we did have linoleum floor througout the entire house and lived in Hawaii at the time) and he hated going potty on himself, just clean it up and go to the potty with him to tell him how to do it. He started understanding that, then i put underwear on him and he did have accidents, but we just put clean ones on and kept trying. it took a couple of
    Shalyn_y

Answer by Shalyn_y at 8:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• of months, but he was understanding it. When we would go somewhere i would put a pull up on him and when we got home i would put underwear back on. then it got to where we put underwear on him when we went out, he did have accidents, so bring a lot of extra clothes in a diaper bag. and eventually he gets it. now he is a little over 3 and no pull ups during the day. he does however wear them at night, since he is stll learning to hold his bladder. lately though there is no pee in the pull up. somehow to, they know the difference betwenn a diaper and pullup. i dont know if this will help, but i hope so. Just be patient and praise constantly, buy a special candy they can only have if he goes potty in the potty. another thing, i dont think you would want to do this. but since i had linoleum in the house, i put the potty in the living room, cause it was the room he was in the most, and it helped,
    Shalyn_y

Answer by Shalyn_y at 8:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2010