Can I hurt my baby by:

bending over to fast or to hard?? I am 35 weeks and bent over fast today to grab my nieces toy for her and it didnt' feel that great. Is there any chance of hurting the baby this way?? I guess I'm just not use to the belly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no you will hurt yourself but not the baby it's pretty hard to hurt a baby in the womb
    Anonymous

• no, the baby is pretty cushioned.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• No you won't hurt the baby, you are more likely to pull the ligaments that support the uterus in this advanced stage and feel sore muscles for a while. Baby is very very safely tucked away in a cushion of water, don't worry. It does feel like you are squashing the baby, but your body is perfect and it will allow your own organs to be squished rather than let the baby be harmed
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• They say to bend from the knees because once you're that big, your center of gravity is already really thrown off. You could really hurt your back, but the baby should be just fine.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 7:29 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• no.. the baby is well protected. Most likely you are feeling ligament pain from the muscles on the sides of your belly stretching. They're not used to the belly either, just take it easy, stay hydrated, and try to move a little more slowly.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2010