Due Tomorrow

Haven't really had ANY contractions all day.. or contractions very much leading up to tomorrow.. what can I do?!?! I'm so ready to have my baby girl here and she's being so stubborn!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went walking. Ok I ran out of gas and HAD to walk home a couple of miles. The contractions started!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• don't worry she will come. she can't stay in forever! lol just kidding. i felt that same way with mine. just be patient and you will have her in your arms very soon.
    Anonymous

• GO WALKING IT HELPS U WHEN U GO IN !
    Anonymous

• The thing is my doctor said if she doesn't come he will induce me Wednesday because she is already too big... I heard that you don't want to be induced! (This is my first pregnancy, so I heard it's pretty common to be induced... but still!!)
    Anonymous

• Ok first of all, 42 weeks is your true due date scientifically, so if your body is not ready it is not a big deal. 95% of women will go into labor on their own prior to 42 weeks, and those that don't were misinformed about the date of conception. 75% of women go 41 weeks and 1 day before going into labor. I suggest that you get rest, drink a lot of water, eat a lot of high energy foods, and walk 30 mins a day. You can also use evening primrose oil in your cervix to help. Just relax and it will happen when it should. Good luck and congrats.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Your doctor is using scare tactics for no reason, they cannot know for sure how big the baby is, ultrasound diagnostic of size at this stage is very inaccurate sometimes by 2 pounds or more, I would refuse and induction before 41 weeks and 5 days.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:27 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• refuse the induction. the average for first time moms is 41 weeks. there is no way to tell how big your baby is until after she is born, and women have been birthing "large" babies for years and years. i agree that your doctor is just trying to scare you into an induction because doctors love inductions for all sorts of reasons. they are busy people. they have families. they'd rather you birth your baby on their schedule than at 3 am.

just relax, and expect to be pregnant for a couple more weeks. if you need some support, check out the natural pregnancy group and ask some questions there. =)
    Anonymous

• .me nd my hubby had sex and our son was out of there by 12 'o clock dat nite. our doc said its a wonderful idea nd a great way to get dha baby out nd we are goin to do dha same thing if dis one decides to take forever to come out. <3
    wife_mom_07

Answer by wife_mom_07 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• you can always refuse the induction.. I regretted it horribly with my first and will refuse any offer to be induced this time. Be patient, no woman has ever been pregnant forever ;) and she will come when she is ready. Trust me, I know its hard and you just want her here.. but it is so much easier to take care of her while she is inside than out, and every day she spends in there she is better equipped and more ready for the real world physically and developmentally.
    Do some walking, eat some spicy food, and have some good sex.. those are ways you can naturally start labor.. but they are not guaranteed so be prepared to be pregnant for a little while longer!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• ahhhhw! Don't call your innocent baby names! She is not "stubborn," she is only a pure part of nature. She will only signal your body when her body is ready to be born. That will happen in time! ;-)

Your due date is the MID-point in your estimated due period, no reason to think there is a problem.
    Big babies are born without help all the time. If there might be a problem, it can't be known until labor is underway, not prior. (*Unless you have a genetic malformation, accident...)

If you want to aim for the safest birth possible, avoid unnecessary interventions.
    Ask your doctor with each suggestion:

Is this necessary?
    What are the alternatives?
    What are the risks and benefits to each route?
    How much time do I have to make my decision?
    I would like private time to discuss and research.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2010