Would you be mad?

Is it so bad for me to ask my husband to call and check in with me? Even if he is just out with his family? He went off today with his family and was gone longer than I expected and when I called and told him he should have checked in with me, he got an attitude. Granted, I did approach the situation with an attitude first, but I kind of just expected him to call and check in with me, especially since I'm pregnant and sick, our son is sick, and he was out longer than I was expecting him to be. His response was "I was with my family, so I didn't think it would matter how long I was out." Altogether, he was gone for 7 hours when he was supposed to "just be picking up his birthday money." He answered both times I called and I heard his family in the background, so I know he's not cheating or anything. I am just wondering if it's so bad to ask my husband to call and check in every now and then? Sorry so long!

MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Asked by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• well i posted a Q like this before and i lot of bitches bashed me for acting like his mom....so im sure u will get some of the same. but i dont think so. i think that it is rude and careless when a man doesnt call to let u know they will be home later than usual. and i dont care if he was at work or where at. i just want to know thats all. its not like u were bitching him out about coming home right then, you just wanted to make sure he was ok and when i expect him home. just let him know u get worried and just need to know hes ok. and let him know that it upsets u when he doesnt
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• You're not asking alot to just have him quick tell you all is well and to make sure all is well with you and the kids. Seems like plain curtesy to me.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I agree with both posters. I care about him, I worry about him, and I call and check in with him and I expect him to do the same for me.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Completely off topic... my hubby's name is Micah :) i think it's cute when I see little Micahs.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• He should check in so that you know he's OK and he knows you're OK. If he is not going to come home on time it is his job to say that he will be out longer and ask if you need anything on the way back. That is being considerate and you shouldn't even have to ask because that should be a given. I think you should talk to him about how you feel so that he can think about doing the right thing next time.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2010