I'm not feeling him move as often as I wish I could.

The last time I went to the Doctor I told him when I go 2 days or so without feeling him it makes me paranoid that something is wrong but he told me that after 22weeks you will be able to feel him daily. Im at 22weeks and I only rarely feel him move. Is this a worry for anyone else?

AprilJoy25

Asked by AprilJoy25 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• everyone is different.. some people are more sensitive to being able to feel the baby move, some don't feel it at all. If you have worries, sit back, relax, and drink a big glass of juice. The sugar will get the baby more active and you should be able to feel something. I was really paranoid with my first pregnancy (well, first that made it past 20 weeks) and would do this daily just to make sure she was ok in there. In a few more weeks you should be able to feel more and by the time your as far as I am (37 wks) you'll be wishing he moved a little less cuz it hurts!! :) GOod luck and congrats.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 8:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Lay down on your left side and drink something sugary or cold. The thing is when you are up and moving around you don't notice it. Why?? Because while you are moving it's similar to rocking them to sleep. Once you lay down you are no longer "rocking" and the cool drink or sugar will wake them up so you may notice it more. But baby is still pretty small so you might not notice alot of movement.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• If this is your first baby,you probably will not feel as much at 22 weeks.You can do the juice/laying on side thing.With my 1st baby,I was carrying my placenta  up front and I couldn't feel my son kick that much until he got bigger.It is scary when you cant feel them that much.But they do get rocked to sleep when you are up & moving about.I got so scared I went to the doctor and they hooked me up to a machine & I had to push a button every-time I felt him move. The machine picked up movement as well and they compared the papers when the test was over. The test showed that he was very active,but I didnt notice because of the placement of my placenta & he was my 1st baby.

SherriX2

Answer by SherriX2 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Placenta placement has a lot to do with it like the PP said.

You could have an all night kung-fu fighter and be sleeping right through it.

If you are really worried about your baby, you can buy a fetascope (stethoscope for the belly) for $35 or less. Then you can listen to him whenever you want without doppler waves. Perfectly safe. Chances are, you'll get a nice big kick in the fetascope every time you put it on your belly.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• i didn't start feeling my first baby move a lot until around 23 weeks. also i know some women don't feel movement AT ALL during their pregnancy. for real! it depends on a lot of factors, baby's position, how baby is carried, etc. i know it's hard not to worry. i understand. i worried too w/ my first. (he is a 100% healthy 2 year old now by the way and my pregnancy was normal, and healthy) ... i really do think everything is fine =)
    Anonymous

• I think this is why they don't have you start doing fetal kick counts until week 28. A lot of moms don't feel their babies all the time up until then but it can be a huge concern after 28 weeks.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 6:48 AM on Feb. 14, 2010