Pay off the car with tax returns..

or just save it? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh, and to add, paying the car off would eliminate a 300$ bill every month.
    Anonymous

• Pay off the car
    Easy.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:03 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Pay it off!!! One less bill a month, and you can put that extra money in the savings!!!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 8:04 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Pay it off.. One less thing is always nice.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I would pay it off. You are paying interest on that car loan. paying it off early will look good on your credit report. Then take that 300.00 a month and put it in a savings or moneymarket account until you have the amount of your tax return. That way you can do both!
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• i agree with them, pay it off and put that extra 300 a month in savings.
    Shalyn_y

Answer by Shalyn_y at 8:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Paying off the car would give you and extra 300 each month. That is room to save, buy what you need, buy more food you enjoy, do more things with the kids...all year. Not just right now. I would pay off the car. A lump sum seems to disappear to quickly on impulse purchases where as reducing the amount you have to pay out in your budget makes you make wiser purchases/spending habits.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:36 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I didn't pay mine off because just because I paid it off didn't mean it would help my credit score any. Mine has been helping my credit showing that I make payments on time. This is advice from a credit expert.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• 'I didn't pay mine off because just because I paid it off didn't mean it would help my credit score any. Mine has been helping my credit showing that I make payments on time. This is advice from a credit expert. '

Who gives a flying rats behind about a credit score when you can use 300 extra dollars in your pocket.
    Anonymous

• ^^^ Whoa whoa whoa! Your credit score is EXTREMELY important, for future jobs, houses, car loans, etc. You want your score to be as high as possible because that saves you money, too!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 13, 2010