What would happen to your family if food stamps, wic, daycare assistance, and housing assistance was pulled today?

Would it affect your family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We would be fine. We don't get help of any kind.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:19 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Nothing, I don't receive any kind of assisstance.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Not mine personally. However, I know several families that it would affect. One, a single mother with two children. She is working full-time, going to school full-time, paying for daycare, rent, etc. The ONLY thing she qualifies for is food stamps. If it were pulled today, she would probably have to move in with relatives to help her out.

However, let me say that in due time, it will be pulled because this country cannot afford to help everyone out. It's getting to the point where more and more people are living off the system entirely. They have to wake up and realize it's for temporary help not put there to support their asses all their lives.

Anonymous

• Nothing would happen to my family unless they pulled EIP funding too.
    Anonymous

• Ummm, nothing? 'Cause we don't need handouts and can take care of our own.
    Anonymous

• No, it wouldn't personally affect my family but it would affect me personally because I work very closely with people that need public assistance.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• It wouldn't effect my family.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• except maybe our taxes would go down :)
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Nothing at the moment......now before I say what I'm going to say I will state that I don't believe all people who get assistace are leeches or bad people, but for the ones who are use to getting things for free, manipulating and all that stuff will just find another way to do so..
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• What is "EIP"?

My family's situation would not change much. I've learned a long time ago how to live comfortably as a poor person. Not that food stamps makes me "rich". I don't "rely" on food stamps, but they do help out. If I lost my medicaid, then I'd do what I used to do when I was working with no health insurance-use the emergency room. They can't deny you services. I could easily live without WIC...at this point, I only redeem the milk vouchers anyway. I don't get daycare assistance, but that would screw up many families that rely on the service so they can maintain a job.

Anonymous