important???

i have a yeast infection and i am taking the pill fluconazole to clear it up,
but what else can i take or do to relieve the syptoms faster? please give me answers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Health

• Vagisil can help relieve the itching.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Yogurt. Eat it of course. I have heard you can apply it directly to the affected area to relieve symptoms, but never tried that because it sounds so wrong.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My doctor told me to take a bath with about cup of baking soda in it. Also, I would try the Monistat 3 cream. The fluconazole should give you relief within 24 hours though and is usually the fastest thing out there. I recently had to take it after taking a high dose of antibiotics for a sinus infection and the fluconazole pretty much cleared it up and the Monistat 3 took care of the rest. I haven't tried the baking soda bath yet. Also, like 2autisticsmom said, eat yogurt and lots of it!!! It will help put some good bacteria back into your body.
    MiCaHsMoMmY1206

Answer by MiCaHsMoMmY1206 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Cultured yogurt. Also I think drinking water with Apple cider vinegar helps...you would have to look that up though. It resets the PH.
    SFerber

Answer by SFerber at 2:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2010