Dried Out Nose in my 2.5 year old son.

My son, ever since he was a baby, always has boogies in his nose. Lately they're super dry (even during the day) and he hates when I have to take them out. Anyway, my question is- why is his nose so dry and what can I do to help? We use a cool mist humid every night and the saline drops as well. I hate that it blocks him up, especially at night. HELP!!!

john2007

Asked by john2007 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son's allergist has us use Vaseline or Eucerin Aquafor in his nose. I just put some on a Q-tip and rub it on the inside of his nose. It really REALLY helps with the crusty boogers. During certain times of the year he does use Nasonex (prescription) for nasal allergies. But really the biggest help has been Vaseline in the nose during non-allergy times just to keep things moist.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2010