i can barely eat anything... anyone else?

i just delivered 02.06.10. ever since i have been home no food seems to interest me. i was extremely sick from morning sickness all throughout my pregnancy, literally all nine months. but now i still cant eat. whenever i think about eating somthing i feel nauseous and nothing seems good enough to eat. im not one to want to loose weight so im not worried about that at all and i am no where near depressed either. having my son has been the best joy of my life and wouldnt change it for the world. i have had a total lack of sleep since ive been home though so that seems to be the only plausable reason to me of why i dont have an appetite at all. has anyone gone through the same thing? if so what foods interested you during this time? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance. - Brianna

momamay2010

Asked by momamay2010 at 9:24 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was RAVENOUS after birth for about 3 months. Part of that was breastfeeding and part of that was recovery, but I could NOT get enough food in me and if I didn't eat every couple hours my blood sugar bottomed out and I got really shakey and sweaty and grouchy. Being hungry is the normal pattern, the fact that you are still experiencing nausea could be left over hormones from your pregnancy or it could just be a variation of normal. I would put in a call to your doc or midwife just to be sure, though.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:48 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I did not experience this... so I don't know what to say other than if you are breastfeeding you need to bring yourself to eat 300-500 extra calories a day than you did before you were pregnant. GL
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 9:33 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I would speak to your doctor.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 9:34 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I was like that! Except I was so tired and busy that I just forgot to eat then I wasnt hungry and my stomach hurt and I had killer indigestion, Just try and eat little things like an apple or orange some crackers. Remember you cant live without eating
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2010