Do you like 'split' parenting? (only if you do)

As in do you like parenting closely with another parent that is an ex or does not live with you to achieve a good balance for your child? I love it, I think my son thrives from how close we keep our "relationship." I am blessed with a wonderful father to my son (I picked him, lol) and he has a decent girlfriend that treats my child very well. I also enjoy the alone time that many mothers don't get due to not splitting parenting between more than one parent. Do you like splitting time with the other parent?

angevil53

Asked by angevil53 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• his father and i are together but not married and i love it because our son is excited to see us and we are excited to see him. it takes a littl time apart to really make you appreciate what you have. also we work as a tag team. true, the tag out lasts longer on my side but atleast i can get the laundry started. i am worried for when we do get married because i see it suddenly becoming all my responsibility because, well, i am there. whereas i can't force my child upon him and run laughing out the door unless i go to walmart. but it will be nice to say, "your turn" when i smell a poopy diaper- true, it may not work but it will still be nice to try.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 9:56 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I would LOVE to have that! Too bad my son's "father" is a deadbeat.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I Don't do it, I don't have children to do it with,however I would that that is the best for the child.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 1:25 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• i am trying my best to do that but i am in a different state with my baby right now so i can;t do it. but as i hope to move back to the state that my baby's father lives in i hope we can be coparents. but sometimes i feel he thinks he knows more because has another child and we aren;t on the same page. we both are stubborn. its going to be hard to compromise. but i am going to try.
    Anonymous