Let me rephrase..

I don't see how a person who sins as a Christian, by divorcing, and remarrying, or marrying outside your faith (and yes the bible contradicts itself there.. first it says it's okay1 Corinthians 7:14 then it goes to say different in 2 Corinthians 6:14-17).. and so on.. or marrying without your husband paying your debt.. those are all JUST as sinful as a marriage as a homosexual.. so I don't see how you can commit sins equally sinful and have a problem with someone else doing it. Especially when you are denying rights to them while you do similar things.. how does it make sense to be against gay marriage.. yet okay to legally divorce as a Christian?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:10 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• It is hard to make sense out of something so utterly senseless!!

Answer by older at 6:12 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I don't remember what passage but there is an actual verse about ok to divorce in the bible. Try a guy sending off his first wife. One of his wife might be names Sarah.
    Anonymous

• You have issues and need therapy!
    Anonymous

• I don't understand why you would let everyone put time and effort into your question and was it was going against your point you deleted all the answers.
    Anonymous

• in agreement with :13 if you didn't want answers you shouldn't have asked.
    Anonymous

• ".. how does it make sense to be against gay marriage.. yet okay to legally divorce as a Christian?"

It doesn't...but hey, that's life. Life is unjust and unfair. The only way that you can change it is by being proactive instead of reactive.

Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 10:15 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• 1 - marry a man with out him paying off your debt???2 - in SOME instances divorce is justified. My mom is a mega Cristian and struggled for years over to or not to, and about it once she did. BUT my dad was an alchoholic, and beat me. When I was 16 she finally came to the conclusion that it was not normal for her child to be begging for her father to be out of the house and crying over not feeling safe. My mom had a hard time with this decision because of her faith. But she did try counceling ect first, and he was unwilling, and unwilling to help him self. He is curently dying from his alchoholism, and she is a missionary in Kenya. She had to jump through a lot of hoops to become a missionary as a divorced woman, but due to the circumstances of the divorce she was allowed. I also have a friend at church who is a single dad. He loves God. His wife decided being a wife and mom wasnt her thing and left.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• IMO...homosexuals should be allowed to marry. How can I change that? Become on activist, write to congress and all that jazz.
    Mrs.Mack.

Answer by Mrs.Mack. at 10:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Because some more modern up to date in the real world Christian, like me, know we were created to be understanding of mankind, to learn from it and that God is the ultimate judge not man.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• All that to say it not fair to say that christian's should NEVER divorce. Should my mom have continued to let me be beat?
    Should my friend not get to move on since his ex made that choice?
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 13, 2010