16 weeks and 4 days pregnant and feeling the baby move more then i probably should?

okay so since last week sometime i have been feeling this back to back poke around my pelvis area and sometimes a little higher. (not gas) lol. its like a hick up lol but the baby is acttually either poking me or he or she is kicking. i can deff feel it especially when i lay flat on my back or lay on my side or im just sitting really still.
the baby kicks more then 15 times a day. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yup
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• yes i also think it's normal. around 17 weeks, i started feeling big movement, like it felt like the baby was rolling, and i felt it a lot. then i guess the baby moved around a bit because after that i couldn't feel the movements quite as much. now i'm 21 weeks
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Yay! that's great- lots of movement is really good and positive. I don't think there is such a thing as too much movement, enjoy this, it is so special and private, I loved that swooping feeling and knowing that it was a little hello between my little love and me
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Yup, I'm feeling a lot of movement too, it's all good! The only thing I don't like is when the baby kicks me near the bladder and then I get this sudden, sharp urge to pee and I KNOW it's because the baby kicked me there. So then I'm like, "Thanks!" I'm actually going to the bathroom now MORE than I did the last trimester because the baby won't let my bladder fill up but starts to kick when it gets only a little full. I'm 18 weeks and 1 day, by the way and have been feeling kicks and stuff big time just in the last week or so (was feeling kicks and movement before that too but it's constant now) which is weird for me because I didn't feel DD really moving/kicking until around 20 weeks or so.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 6:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2010