Inducing labor naturally

is there anything special you have to do to try to induce through sex? positions etc. I know his seman has a lot to do with it but is there anything imparticular that just would make it happen? lol i know i am probably asking for too much but my doctor wants to induce me Wednesday and i would really rather not be induced if i could at least try to help it :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• why are so many doctors this week wanting to induce? I was induced and way past my due date. If you don't want to be induced you need to tell doctor that even if there's a medical reason for it. If you're just a few days after due day come app. that's something to really think about questonning. If you'll be close to a week or after that come this upcoming app. that's a reason to find out more and maybe agree.

Don't start out being a mommy or a second time mommy or third ... sometimes each subsequent baby is a bit different than earlier ones --- don't start out being anxious about talking to doctor.

This is your delivery. You are allowed to understand exactly why doctor wants induction. I can tell you for sure babies do eventially come out when left to cook too long. oh yeah.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 10:25 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• here's the thing.. my doc told me that the baby is already pretty big and she has no room left to grow.. thats why he wants to induce wednesday (i am due tomorrow... feb 14th). he told me that it could raise for complications if she doesn't come out. this is my first pregnancy so i guess i really wouldn't know if that it true or not or if its just for his conveience?
    Anonymous

• Yes, convenience. There is nothing medically concerning now. No complications. A suspected "big" baby is not a medical reason to induce. So this is called an elective induction or convenience induction, not needed.

Remember that 1st-time moms *average* 41 weeks, 1 day of pregnancy. The average/EDD (due date) is only a MID-point. You are still within the normal range for the average time when babies tend to come.

It sounds like your doctor is possibly taking advantage.
    If you are having a healthy pregnancy, induction adds unnecessary risks, so be sure to get informed and ask your questions. Get the facts, the truth.

You are responsible for your care, your baby's health, you do not have to consent to something unnecessary if you don't want it, of course!

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:46 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• No more room to grow?
    Your belly and uterus are designed to stretch... Think of moms who carry twins and triplets (or more) lol! ;-)
    Complications? Ask exactly what. Tell him you want to research this yourself. See what he says.

Ask him to provide factual evidence that you are at true risk.
    IF you really are then you might have the talk.
    If not, then yay, you decline, and were able to avoid adding risks!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:49 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• "why are so many doctors this week wanting to induce?"

LOL! I was noticing that, too!
    It's not right before the Super Bowl or Christmas... that is common...
    Maybe it's a popular time to get to Hawaii ??
    ;-P
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:51 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• google Scalini's eggplant parmesean
    Anonymous

• Raspberry Leaf tea (from a natural path store)
    EmMaldonado

Answer by EmMaldonado at 1:07 AM on Feb. 14, 2010