Do you know anyone who claims they never get mad?

Even though they are so obviously MAD at the time they are claiming not to be? What is that anyway? Some people just don't like to admit to being human I guess, but it's so irritating, my new boyfriend claims to not be mad at me after I piss him off, then he won't talk to me.. then when I finally get him to talk, he blows up...oh ok, yeah you weren't mad...whatev..cause your so above it all, right? What's UP with him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes and it annoys the hell out of me. Nothing is getting worked out then. Maybe it doesn't get worked out at all or a huge fight happens as was described in the OP. I hear something to the effect of "I don't want to fight so I get quiet or go in another room." If there could just be a conversation about the problem, an adult conversation, fighting would not figure in as far as I'm concerned. And I agree with the OP. I hate the fact that these men act like they don't have to be human enough to experience that kind of emotion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• oh sigh yes. that's my husband and mother too. they should be married to each other. aggravating as all hell isn't it. if you're husband ever gives you a week's worth of silent treatment kick his a&# to the curb fast.
    Anonymous

• Here is the thing ... That is me. I am usually working it out on my own. A few weeks ago my husband made me cry. We were going on a trip the house was a mess. He wants to come home to a clean house. I was at work. He told me bla, bla, bla. I am here cleaning and you were so busy all day.. The thing is passive aggressive.
    It took me a freaking week to figure out what I was mad about. I was mad and my feelings were hurt because I thought he was telling me "Your not a good wife, home maker,ect.".. He hurt my pride-made me feel less of a woman.
    So even though I could not have articulated then what was wrong. I was angry at my self. So yeah some of us don't know why were mad. We have to work through it our own way.
    Yeah were annoying, and yeah you guys get over stuff. But that is what the world is about. Viva la difference.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:01 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Op here: You know I totally relate to that mmmegan..I'm passive aggresive as well...it takes me time to process my feelings when they get hurt, so I go off on my own, I do the same thing he does (and you) but I don't claim to not be human, get mad, upset or hurt or what have you, in fact I usually make a joke and say ok, I'm gonna go pout now... because I know my behavior is immature and frusterating for him so I sort of make fun of myself to try and lighten things up.. but I don't know what else to do...I can only process my emotions as fast as I process them! I think the part that irritates me is how he has to act so above it all...like he isn't even human or something, like it's beneath him to admit to having any negative emotions at all.
    Anonymous

• He's a man. They have yet to find a cure for that genetic disorder....
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:09 AM on Feb. 14, 2010