Breastfeeding...

Mydd is now five..She nursed for about 2 years.Any body else notice all your favorite foods are now theirs?? When I nursed I ate a lot of salads w/italian dressing, chicken noodle soup, and things with hot sauce...These are all her favs..Is this a correlation or just a coinsidence..Your experiences on this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think it's coincidental...most kids generally like the same foods as their parents. It sounds nice though.
    Anonymous

• Breast milk changes flavor slightly depending on diet. Some theories say that what you eat while pregnant can impact the baby's pallet. Others say breast milk changes can.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I'm not sure, can't say I've noticed that with DD because if that was the case, she'd be a meat eater. As it is, she avoids meats and loves most fruits including ones I never ate while nursing her. lol Some of it could be that though and some of it could be through example and watching what you eat. Kids are more likely to eat what they see their parents eating. It's an interesting question though!
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 6:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My kids do eat a wider variety than most. I don't know if there's a correlation, or if I just never made them separate meals. Last night my 17 month old and 3 year old at enchilada casserole, green beans, and Spanish rice. They like chicken nuggets and mac and cheese, too, don't get me wrong, but they eat whatever I put in front of them.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• yeah, i think it is just what they see their parents eating they want. though, my son doesn't really care for bananas and i can't stand swiss cheese both staples in mine and my mom's life. but true, we didn't breast feed for long...i'll have to ask my sister when her daughter grows up.
    spazlilsister

Answer by spazlilsister at 9:59 AM on Feb. 14, 2010