• In the Spotlight:

Wow ! Should I take her to court ?

i had met a wonderful man about a year ago ( we were planning a wedding for september) ..he has a sister who is getting married at the end of March. I knew she ( and their mom) didnt like me , because a few months before he met me he was dating her best friend ( who cheated on him, and so he left her) and I guess she just wanted them to be together..anyways I know I "overtried" to get her to like me, and tried to help her with her wedding and my "fiance" I guess talked her into letting me be a bridesmaid ( I didnt know he did that until now) .. I had to buy my own dress ( which i know in some wedding you have to) ...I picked up things when she needed me too help her pick out and order things ( basically a doormat) and I was starting to think we were getting close and was going to have a good sisiter in law relationship. Well all the bridesmaids ( and bride) had like a little party and also a dress fitting ( continued)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yup
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't. That's going to cause more problems with your future in-laws. I'd just stay away from her.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• at her house ( she already ahd the dresses, just making sure they still fit everyone). Well I happened to notice I was the only one not given a dress I waited until after everyone else tried there and then when they were done I was like, do you have mine and she was like ( in front of everyone, even my DF's ex) that I was too fat and they couldnt get me a dress and I am no longer in the wedding. * i would like to say I am not fat, I wear the same she does which is a size 4...I just have huge boobs * It was soo embarrassing the mom and everyone was laughing, I dont even think they really ordered mine just kept the dress THAT i HAD ALREADY PAYED FOR

My supposed fiance is too afraid to stick up for me because he doesnt want to cause problems with his family...He is so perfect in everyway, and I understand that family should come first in most cases but they should not treat me that way. So I am leaving him.
    Anonymous

• You sound pretty childish to me. leaving your fiance over a dress??? Get over it. Not everyone has to like you.
    Anonymous

• also I wanted to add I see where I wrote a part wrong -- I think they didnt even order the dress that I already paid for, and that they just kept the money --- which I why I am thinking about taking her to court -- i called the next ay and tol her I wanted the money back ( $600 ) and she was like What Money ?? ( I have the proof that I paid it)
    Anonymous

• Leave him and get your money back from the dress shop!
    Anonymous

• Absol-fuckin-lutely and I would be re thinking my finace and our relationship, he should have stood up for you without a moment of hesitation, that is outrageous. I am angry for you. Demand your money back, and demand some respect they gave no right to treat you that way.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 11:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• Oh..I see. Sorry..I answered before you finished. I would sue her for your money back. She never ordered your dress. I'd also try and get punitive damages or deformation of character.

And good for you for sticking up for yourself and not letting him treat you like that either!
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• I am leaving him because he wont stick up for me I could understnad if it was something dumb.... but he let them talk to me that way and wont say anything or try to get my money back....I wont marry him now until he can prove tht he will stick up for me, because I know it will cause problmes in the future
    Anonymous

• Your husband (to be) should stick up for you, that is why you should leave him, not over a dress, anon!! If you have proof that you paid for it then why not get the $ from the dress shop?
    Anonymous