Modly smell

How do you get rid of the modly smell from tupperwear?

Accidentely left some stuff at work over my weekend and can't get the smell of mold out of it. I've already washed it twice! Please help!! It's making me gag!

Jessie1689

Asked by Jessie1689 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would put a small amount of water in it with a big squirt of dish soap. then put a bunch of baking soda...it's cheap...in the container and shake it up. Then let it sit for several hours, overnight is best. That should do it. If it doesn't, set it outside for a few hours, the fresh air should get rid of the smell.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:09 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Baking Soda soaks up odors really well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Let it set out for a few days. It needs to air out. If it's actual Tupperware brand, it'll take a while. If it's cheap stuff, toss it.
    Anonymous

• Baking soda or vinegar. You can take baking soda and water and make a paste. Vinegar is an odor "eater" too.
    If it is real tupperware, give it some time. If it is Rubbermaid - same thing give it sometime. If it is gladware or the cheap stuff....chunk it and get new.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2010