no bashing please..but i want to know how SOME parents with obese kids let them eat whatever?

this girl i went to HS with has a daughter same age as my son 7 yrs..and she is 160 lbs..has to be put on oxygen and blood pressure meds. i dont get it...my kids are a healthy weight, even though being heavy runs in my husbands family...i pick healthy choices and i educate my kids on healthy choices..my 7 yr and 5yd olds knows all about heart disease and high cholesterol and such..which runs on both sides...my kids know when they arent at home what to eat and what not to eat and how much to eat of the "sometimes" foods...is it really that hard to educate your kids instead of making excuses..grant i know some people are naturally heavy regardless

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Feb. 13, 2010 in Just for Fun

• BIGGEST PET PEEVE EVER! If you are a mom, and your child is obese, yet you still have doritos and twinkies in the pantry, you aren't doing your job. You know what my kids get for dessert if they eat their healthy, balanced dinner? A tangerine. And they are so excited for that tangerine that they usually clean their plates. We never buy "snack" foods, though we do have treats from time to time, like gong out for cocoa and cookies, or making brownies together. Allowing your child to become obese (if they have no underlying health problems) is so, so wrong.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 1:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• MOST MOM'S DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THERE KIDS ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Genetics only makes up for 25% of your body and what's going to happen. The rest is up to the person. I'm not sure I think a five year old should know about heart disease but it's a good thing that he knows what's ok to eat.

As for the seven year old that weighs more than I do...someone should call CPS on that mom.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Sumo has always been big boned, hell as big as he is I ain't getting in his way and before you or anyone else starts bashing you wouldn't either!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• eye rollinganon :01..okay its THEIR kids and you are just ignorant..yes im sure *most mothers dont care...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• op here

I'm not sure I think a five year old should know about heart disease

my thoughts are this..if they know why i limit certain foods then they will follow my advice..i feel i need to be honest with them for that reason and also because my dad is really sick..he has a blockage in his heart thats 95 % and he can NOT have surgery cause he could die on the table.. i dont want my kids to go through that themselves...so im gonna do what i can to try to prevent unnecessary health problems and to do that i need to be honest with them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Of course it happens.

Should you care, yes.

Can YOU change it, No.

So get over it.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• WHY DONT YALL BE HAPPY THE KIDS ARE EATING OR EVEN GETING FOOD ! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Istrickland

Your wrong! Okay

It happens because yes genetics but also because of poor eating habits.
    And YES we should care! Which majority of Us Mothers do!
    And YES You Can Change it! Unless your kids are the parent in the house, then I could understand where your coming from.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:22 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• By the way! I think that it can be prevented, and that if our kids, don't eat junk and soda all day. Then they will be very healthy. I only drink like 6 pops threw My entire pregnancy, and majority of it was right before I had My daughter because I craved a little bit of cola. But yes! Veggies, fruits, healthy meals. and Chocolate rice milk as a treat is all very healthy and natural. Try some organics it will help! And some walking and fun activities when some exercising.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 12:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2010