would that make me a bad person

me and my husband jut seperated a couple of months ago we have 2 children ( 3 & 5) ... We are not getting back together ( I cannot trust him & basically do not want anything to do with him, besides what we have to do with taking care of the kids) ... so ever since we have been apart I have started talking to a guy I dated for a little while in high school ( about 10 years ago) ... we have both stayed in contact with another friend who lived by the beach ( about 4 hours away) he asked me if I wanted to go with him to her house and stay for a weekend ( she invited us) ..so he would be picking me up and driving there and we would basically be going on a vaction together... my soon to be ex husband will have the kids for the weekend. I dont know if it will turn into a relationship or not but he lives an hour away so I dont think it will.. Just like a little getaway with someone I like.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• why would it make you abad person?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• No that's not bad at all.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:35 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• ..because I am still technically married -- running off for a beach getaway ( without my kids) with a man I havent seen in 10 years ??? lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I don't think you are a bad person. I just think its a bad idea. You have two children and an unfinished divorce. If your husband is as charming as he sounds by your description, you shouldn't give him anything to use against you in the divorce or custody case. You are in a very vunerable place and it really isn't fair to the other guy either to start something with him when you aren't even divorced yet.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 12:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I agree with tiggermom803 it doesn't make you a bad person but like she said you don't want to give your soon to be ex husband any ammo. If this guy is really interested in re connecting he should understand you need time to get thru your divorce and any custody issues that may come up. After that than go for it but right now it sounds like you need a good friend (which he could be) not another relationship. Good luck mama.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I agree completely with tiggermom. If he is a good guy he will wait until your divorce is over.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:04 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• my mother did that! she isn't a bad person just don't do what she did and get caught up in romance and forget about putting your kids first! I am sure you wouldn't do that anyway. I say Go have a good time. As for sex I would wait till you are legally divorced if you can contain yourself. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I concur with tiggermom....divorces can get ugly and you really do not want your soon to be ex finding out about this guy. Guys are territorial and you are still married to him like it or not. As a matter of fact I would not let my husband know anything about this guy and do not let him meet your kids. Good luck.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Oh yeah I would never ever put a man or anyone above/before my children

and my soon to be ex husband pretty much rolled over on the divorce, he is basically giving me everything and not putting up a fight....

but i think I will wait and just keep talking to him...I might still go to the friends, just not with him lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• screamingI was gonna say go and have fun but now that I read the above...yeah..*sigh*...no fun for you just yet.... Well that just stinks.

Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:41 AM on Feb. 14, 2010