Can someone please tell me how bobsledding made it intp the freakin olympics?

OMG they're just sliding down a slide, how does that make them an athlete? I'm crackin up, they look soo stupid in their spandex outfits sliding like a little kid thinking they are the shit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• More power to them. I can't even go down a water slide without fear that my head is going hit some invisible object and decapitate myself.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:33 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• LOL! I should've tried out. I can sled with the best of them:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Yeah and what about skiing, I can strap on some skis too. And skating, I used to skate, I could do jumps and spins. Seriously there is a lot more to bobsleigh than just riding down the track. The start can be very crucial to getting a good time, the sleigh needs to be steered, both by the driver and by the other members shifting their body weight. Have you never seen footage of bobsleigh crashes? They can be pretty serious.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• OP here...yeah sorry I can't look at them without laughing :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• That's not bobsled, that's luge. And if it's so damn easy, why did it kill someone yesterday?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• That's right, I never even thought that the op meant luge. Still very difficult and very dangerous.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:29 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• So killing someone makes luge a legitimate sport? It's ridiculous and deadly. It should not be a sport but then again most of that stuff is ridiculous. Razors on your feet and cutting up ice is a sport, strapping wax boards onto your feet so you can fly down a moutain is a sport. I can't watch any of it without laughing or being disgusted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• So then anon :08, what is a sport in your opinion? These athletes work hard, really hard to excel at their sport. It's too bad that their hard work disgusts you. I personally find it admirable that they've shown the commitment, the dedication, the discipline to become top caliber athletes, and at quite young ages for many of them. Your attitude is what I find disgusting.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:18 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Yeah well, I see you out there doing...oh no, wait...I don't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2010