COULD I BE PREGNANT?

I HAD TWO MISCARRIAGES, THE DR SAID THEY WERE BLIGHTED OVUMS. MY LAST MISCARRIAGE WAS IN DECEMBER AND MY BLEEDING LASTED ABOUT TWO WEEKS. I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WITH MY HUSBAND AND I HAVEN'T HAD A PERIOD SINCE THE MISCARRIAGE, AND I KEEP GETTING A POSSITIVE ON THE PREGNANCY TEST. COULD I BE PREGNANT?

carol0109

Asked by carol0109 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• uhhh... i think you just answered your own question.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 1:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Im not sure how it works with positive pregnancy tests and miscarriages but I thought once your body didnt have high enough hormone levels you wouldnt have a positive preg test. Assuming that this is correct once you lose the baby wouldnt your hormone levels be too low for a positive test? I would see if ur dr can order a blood test just to be sure but I think it could be a possibility its been 2 months since you had the micarriage I cant see why your levels would still be that high. Good luck and baby dust :)
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• check with the dr. right away. he/she will do a blood test and confirm.
    mjandkrMommy

Answer by mjandkrMommy at 1:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Hunny usually if you get a positive on a test, then yeah you are pregnant, if you are unsure go to your dr and get a blood test.
    CuteandCurvy

Answer by CuteandCurvy at 1:21 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• You can get positive preg results after a miscarriage, until all preg products are gone and the body knows there is no longer a placenta. I had a miscarriage and it took 7 weeks for the hormone levels to drop completely. If you go to the drs he can rule out anything like that and confirm or negate pregnancy for you. This is one of the reasons they usually recommend waiting a couple months before trying again,
    Good Luck , I hope it is good news
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:49 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Hmmm...I think after my miscarriage it took maybe a total of 2 weeks for my hormones to fully drop so I would go visit the doctor just to make sure.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 8:40 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• CONGRADULATIONS!!!! sounds like your going to be a mommy. baby dust and hoping that this little angel will stay with you.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 11:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2010