ok my friend is pregnant and she got a tattoo .its that good or bad?

Asked by nika3081 at 1:17 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Did she know she was pregnant when she went in for the tattoo?

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:18 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• not sure.. if it was on her belly i would think so.. also I would have her talk to a doctor.

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:22 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• Hmmm? I would think it is somewhat bad...idk bc the ink does go under the skin. She will probably b alright bc there are woman that do drugs and smoke while pregnant so alittle ink shouldn't do too much damage I hope not for the baby's sake. GL

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• No, it is not bad for her or the unborn child. Yes, it is bad for you as a so called friend to question her actions.

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:16 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I feel the need to add that it is not bad or unsafe as long as the artist uses properly sterilized utensils for the tat! But then again this is standard for ALL tats under ANY circumstance!

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I got a tattoo when I was pregnant not knowing of course, it was at a clean safe place and I know they used clean needles... as long as she got her tattoo at a clean, safe place her baby will be fine. They sugguest you don't get tattoos during pregnancy due to the risk of hepititis.

Answer by Amanda704 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I was told by my tattoo artist that it's not good... They said they won't tattoo anyone who is pregnant or breastfeeding... Every place is different tho... Some will do it, and some don't... They don't want to risk anything...

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 3:32 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• if you ask a tattoo artist or your doctor they will tell you absolutely do not get any tattoos while pregnant. so yes i would assume it is bad.

Answer by lululovexox at 8:06 PM on Feb. 14, 2010

• thank for all your input .........because of all the people who said its not good she is not geting it no more.............and we post this together because i told her not to get it thank you again ...............and for that one person who wants to call me a so called friend you dont know me at all the best friend anyone can have

Answer by nika3081 at 7:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2010