questions about homeschooling...

for 1. What do you do for your kids "physical activity" ? IF you have them in something such as dance class or karate would that count?

and 2. Is it possible to hire someone to teach your children, like a personal teacher or tutor ( I know it would cost a good amount )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Feb. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• my sil homeschools and the kids are in gymnastics. she also sends them out to play after lunch.
    Of course you can hire a tutor. You can even send your kid to another homeschooling mom.
    I'm thinking about that for my 5 yr old. The school here sucks and so does my patience! so I asked a woman I know if she would want to homeschool my son since she homeschools. I told her i'd pay her and she said she would love to and invtied me over to hang out for a day to see how it is at her house during a typical school day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• I know it depends on where you live and everything but how much are you going to pay her.... how much do you think it would cost for a teacher....we have a large room set up for a classroom and I woul want someone who would be able to teach my daughter now and son later on when he gets old enough....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My son is in connections academy and they have three options. One is a sports program like you mentioned, they have their own program with games, activities and lessons about general physical education and the third option in a yoga program. They require 150 minutes a week of physical activity and you can count just about anything, like going to the park, riding a scooter or walking the dog.
    There is a day care provider in my area who will oversee the lessons, take the kids on field trips and offers sibling care. She charges about $150 a week. We are negotiating for a rate for a drop in day so that I can take a day off from my son. (sounds horrible I know) You can also hire a tutor if you would like. connections offers peer tutoring and you can conference with the teachers anytime. My son's homeroom teacher has private lessons with him every other week. They do it over the computer.
    Message me anytime if you have questions.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 2:12 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My kids go to Tae Kwon do on Monday nights. They also ride their bikes, do Wii Fit and roller skate. All of this counts as physical activity.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:56 AM on Feb. 14, 2010

• My children take a martial arts class, belong to the archery club, and get outdoor play time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 14, 2010